Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Unread

Richard Bach, Illusions

Posted 02/24/2010 at 10:42 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Whenever i feel like i've lost my way, or start questioning circumstances or my purpose in life...i refer to Illusions, by Richard Bach. Here are a couple of quotes for you:

~You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.
You're always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 26744 Comments 2 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

2/24

Posted 02/23/2010 at 11:21 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

so yesterday, my son, Liam, who is 4....decided that i was Queen for the day. I got a homemade crown that i was instructed i must wear at all times, believe me, i tried to take it off and he said it would hurt the kingdom's feelings.

He then proceeded to slay dragons, bring me gifts and even brushed my hair (badly) twice. When i went to cook dinner (which was yummy, chicken cordon bleu, twice baked potatoes and steamed brocolli), i also tried to remove the crown,...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19393 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Welcome

Posted 02/23/2010 at 11:36 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

well, this is like calling your own answering maching...i have no idea how to start this...just come hang out...promise, doesn't have to be fish related...

i'll start by saying that i've lived an interesting life. here's two things you can ask me about:

-at 33, i had to have open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve.

-i was an industrial engineer on the B-2 Bomber for the USAF for 12 years when it was a black world project. At Plant 42 - which is...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27312 Comments 5 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags