Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Paranormal Activity 2...'ala Kat and Mandy

Posted 10/24/2010 at 12:06 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

My daughter and I have come to the conclusion that we can never have a normal, uneventful night out anymore. No matter what we do, we seem to find ourselves in situations worthy of a television sitcom...or reality show where you are constantly looking for the camera and thinking, "this is a joke, right? someone is filming us and making a profit, right???"

Wrong.

For example, her birthday. Never normal. Absolutely positively never. We go for a lemon drop...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 346056 Comments 5 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Zero Time

Posted 10/23/2010 at 11:35 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

I so wish I could write down everything on my mind right now...especially since the last few days have been filled with stuff worthy of a title of "vacation".

The best I can do is say...STAND BY. Because my daughter and I had a adventure last night that is sure to leave your sides aching from laughter.

Have a great day...I am off to direct at Geva. Pinch me.
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 54534 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Beginning With the Intent to Add

Posted 10/18/2010 at 12:57 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 10/18/2010 at 01:37 PM by superkat

I'm just going to start out with a small story about a man named Mark D____r.

Mark was a colleague of mine on the B-2 Bomber project. Someone I considered a friend and who I valued having on assignments with me in my position as an Industrial Engineer and assistant to the VP.

He was smart...but not brilliant. He was good natured, but only when it benefited him directly. He got work done, when someone else did it for him. He was your best friend on the job, but at...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 115336 Comments 10 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

The Zoo Story

Posted 10/17/2010 at 09:26 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

[B][I]my review from Facebook[/I][/B]:

You all know me. You know that if a show is bad, I'll tell you. You know that if a show is good, I'll tell you...but when a show is beyond what I expected..if it touches something so deep inside of me that even my therapist can't extract a tear of self realization...or clarity..I WILL WRITE ABOUT IT.

Even after spending some glorious hours chatting afterwards with friends, old and new alike...I can still feel what I felt at the...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 74675 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

The Dream

Posted 10/16/2010 at 02:16 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 10/16/2010 at 09:14 AM by superkat

Lying in bed, soft piano music playing, you close your eyes and drift away on a sailboat of sleep. The gentle motion of the water carries you to a place you you have never been before. You lie motionless in the safety of wooden beams, afraid to open your eyes and maybe see what you've always seen. Rocking back and forth as if cradled in a mother's arms, the waves lapping like a heartbeat against the smooth surface of your sleep upon the sea. A breeze, so soft that it caresses your cheek like...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 76655 Comments 8 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags