Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Unread

The Naughty List

Posted 10/06/2010 at 10:32 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 10/06/2010 at 10:44 PM by superkat

Ok...i'm in a fantastic mood tonight...and I want to take advantage of that. I've been posting a lot of deep, insightful things lately...some on the depressing side...but frankly...life isn't always sunny now, is it? Today, however...prompted by a conversation with a good friend...one i thought maybe i had lost...i was almost late picking my son up from school....and THAT...is not something you want to do at his school.

A few weeks ago, after a night of little sleep, Liam and I...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 134279 Comments 15 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

The Naughty List

Posted 10/06/2010 at 10:27 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 10/06/2010 at 10:33 PM by superkat

duplicate
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 26606 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

"Want the Rest?"

Posted 10/04/2010 at 12:28 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 10/04/2010 at 04:12 AM by superkat

I had an epiphany today. It started out badly, as I spent the twelve hours prior to 8am under observation at RGH for PVC's (premature ventricular contractions). With an artificial aortic valve, it's 50/50 on whether the episode turns into a heart attack or not. Luckily, no, honestly, I did a lot of praying, with some meds and fluids, they were able to bring my blood pressure down with a follow up on Thursday with my cardiologist. But that wasn't the ephiphany cultivator. I drove myself to the...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 79758 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

A Ship Has Sailed

Posted 09/27/2010 at 10:36 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

I love cruises. I love the excitement from three months before I even arrive at the terminal. I love packing for the adventure...I love not knowing what each day will bring. I love that I am pampered, treated as though I was the most important person aboard that ship. I would like to correlate this to my life....

The Preparation:

I spend hours determining what I will need...even what others will need. I put everything into a pile and then start sorting. Two scents...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 80291 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Checking Out

Posted 09/27/2010 at 02:14 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Everyone has been to a hotel for a glorious stay away from home, correct? You check in..you put your things in order and commence fun and eventful activities...grab the day moment by moment...drink in the absolutely fantastic feeling of being away from your normal mundane or hectic life at home...you see new things..new surroundings..you feel alive and well...and then..

You need to check out. Your home life will dictate how you feel about this. You will either be happy for the...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 66347 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags