Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Despairodyne
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Unread

Rubbermaid Feed-Seed

Posted 11/02/2014 at 06:59 PM by Despairodyne

I have a brand new 20 gallon Rubbermaid Feed-Seed container that's just the right size. It's listed as food safe and BPA free. I'm going to use it to make saltwater. What could go wrong? Well....

I have this friend we call "Million Dollar" Tim. Tim lives by the maxim "most folks worry about too many damned things". And Tim would know since he's been struck by lightning twice and had his car horn stuck on when driving behind some of them hell's angels fellers....
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8487 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Actually, not at all unfair to IM

Posted 10/30/2014 at 12:42 PM by Despairodyne

There is a half dollar sized blemish on the front of my Fusion 30L. Looks like a puddle that's had a pebble dropped in the center. A circular sag if you can picture it.

For a 500.00 30g tank, the glass should be flawless. If I had known, I would have had a custom acrylic AIO made for about the same cost. It's too expensive to send it back (even if they would take it) so I guess it is destined to be the most expensive 30 gallon frag tank ever.

I'm sure only a few...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8263 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Search function Roulette

Posted 10/19/2014 at 03:19 PM by Despairodyne

The search function is really a really handy feature. Most of the questions I've had have been answered many times over.

Ever so often you get some extra bonus information. Like an RC thread on the IM Fusion 30L containing a post which passes along this gem:

[URL="http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/350258-innovative-marine-micro-fusion-30l-review-owners-please-read-this/"]http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/350258-innovative-marine-micro-fusion-30l-review-owners-please-read-this/[/URL]...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7873 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Being unfair to IM

Posted 10/18/2014 at 03:08 PM by Despairodyne

Well, I've been looking at my options to replace the undulated top on my 30L stand. But each time I'm ready to buy the Corian, I get a little mad. I'm going to see if they think the addition of an SR60 mat will solve the issue and if so, will they sell me one.

Undulated is an exaggeration but it's uneven enough that I won't fill the tank as it is now.

I'd like to say I'm done with IM but I want to try their all in one reactor.

And I think I'm going...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7964 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags
Unread

IM Fusion 30L

Posted 10/13/2014 at 04:39 PM by Despairodyne

By the time I'm done with these nanos, I could have had a 90g reef. But:

I like nano tanks. The Fusion 30L especially.
I suffer from OMPC disorder.

And speaking of often making poor choices, I bought the stand that IM sells for it. I should have made my own. Not just because the stand was 300.00; I would have used up that much in materials. Plus my little cabinet shop is torn apart at the moment so waah. Mmmmm, Ziricote (sawn veneer) aquarium stand........
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18829 Comments 1 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags