Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > ACBlinky
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Lost a fish in QT

Posted 12/29/2012 at 10:29 PM by ACBlinky

Woke up this morning to discover that the tiny damsel, which I researched and discovered to be Pomacentrus bankanensis, was dead on the bottom of the QT. Poor little guy, he was less than an inch long, just a baby.

I did a 50% water change yesterday, and the fish seemed to appreciate it, but maybe the stress was too much for the little damsel. The others are doing very well.

The kole has been hiding in a PVC tube, but this morning she decided that she'd come out in to the open, and is looking much better. Both the kole and yellow tang are eating frozen foods and nori from a clip, and the little blue and yellow damsel eats anything I put in front of him. I have no idea if the clown goby is eating, I only catch a glimpse of him once in a while, but he looks healthy. The flame angel is the prettiest little thing, he's eating everything and is the boldest fish in the tank right now. Dwarf angels have so much personality and such adorable faces, and this one has an extra cute face -- I chose him over the other dwarf angels in the store because he was just somehow better looking and had definite 'attitude'

I did a 25% water change tonight, because the fish seemed a bit stressed, breathing a bit heavy, so I wanted to make sure they were okay. I sucked out any food bits and waste on the bottom, added a sponge from the DT's sump to the HOB intake for added nitrifying bacteria, and put the fish to bed.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22869 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments