Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

LED aren't expensive, you've been lied to =]

Posted 04/07/2010 at 06:02 PM by Mmckibben

hi, so we all know that the half decant led fixtures go for around $400-$600, we also Know that they cover only 12 to 18 inches. Who would buy such an expensive thing! Well, problem solved. This website sells pre wired led kits for $20 that include 4 cree xpg cool white leds, and 3 cree xpg royal blue leds. The best part is they only cost $22 each! Buy 4 of theses, and you have the same amount of light out put as the popular Aqua illuminmation system thats goes for $450! Once you gat a driver, you...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 37787 Comments 6 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Help now!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 03/26/2010 at 12:12 AM by Mmckibben

I need help now! I just set up a new refugium for my year old tank, and things have gone realy bad! First I had an algae bloom, no suprise there, then all of a sudden things go south. All my copepods and other small creatures disapear, some of my acropora bleached, my other corals aren't looking good, and my pepermint shrimp died. The only things not affected are the bristle worms, hermit crabs, and my fighting conch. My water conditions are perfect. I also changed the carbon to a fresh new bag....
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 32407 Comments 9 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Weird creatures

Posted 02/11/2010 at 06:19 PM by Mmckibben

Hi, so over the past six months I've lost all of my fish. Their symptoms seemed to match velvets disease except they had no white spots, and died two days after symptoms would first appear. I treated the tank with a reef safe medication, and did the copper treatment on each fish. That did nothing! It's now been a month since the last on died, and these weird swimming worms have appeared. They look like bristle worms with little heads and four eyes. They only come out at night in groups of 4 or...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15702 Comments 3 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Sand Questions

Posted 12/01/2009 at 04:33 PM by Mmckibben

Hi, I heard that in reef tanks you should have your sand blowing around enough so that it slowly forms hills and valleys that change all the time. I have 4 in of very fine sand mixed with crushed coral sand. I can't seem to get it to move around right. It either just moves around in one spot until all you see is glass, or it doesn't move at all. All I have are three 300 gph pumps (one is hooked up to a SCWD). I do plan to get a Vortech mp-10 for my sps corals. I just want to know how your get the...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11902 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Old

Posted 10/12/2009 at 08:56 PM by Mmckibben
Updated 12/01/2009 at 04:32 PM by Mmckibben

this post wont delete.
sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	micro pic 12.jpg