Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

I don't know what to do

Posted 07/26/2012 at 08:13 PM by IridescentLily

I have a bad byropsis and cyano problem now.
I've tried everything. I'm at a loss as far as what else to try to fix these thungs.
Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 35103 Comments 2 Go to first new comment IridescentLily is offline Edit Tags
Unread

now what is he in

Posted 05/23/2012 at 06:14 PM by IridescentLily
Updated 06/03/2012 at 11:54 PM by IridescentLily (adding more photos of poseidon hosting corals)

Our yellow clown goby is named Poseidon. He has been in our tank for a year. We originally bought a blenny, who died in a couple of days. We saw this little yellow clown goby at our lfs a couple weeks later.
He was so cute and feisty, he made us buy him.
He's never been sick, he's never nipped my corals. He is the king of his castle and likes proving it by hosting in every-single-coral we have.

Here's a photo of Poseidon in the trachyphillia. He likes to surf...
Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 33217 Comments 4 Go to first new comment IridescentLily is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Feeding

Posted 05/20/2012 at 11:14 AM by IridescentLily

Here's how i feed my corals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gm1p...e_gdata_player
Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19806 Comments 0 Go to first new comment IridescentLily is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Cyano, i'm finally rid of you

Posted 05/16/2012 at 03:41 PM by IridescentLily
Updated 07/05/2012 at 07:50 PM by IridescentLily

Cyano looks like red, slimy algae but it is actually a bacteria. Let me describe my cyano issue and how we managed to eradicate it.
I think the red slimy cyano began because of two things; Nutrients (excess food), and the changing of my hqi bulb.
I've always fed the corals 1-2 times a week. I've been feeding this way for about a year. I had no algae issues. No diatoms, no cyano, no hair algae no byropsis, no valonia. Though i have had a four aiptasia that a couple of peppermint...
Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 44212 Comments 7 Go to first new comment IridescentLily is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Area 51 is getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger

Posted 05/15/2012 at 12:05 AM by IridescentLily

I'm SO glad i was able to get my tank lighting to a a good balance. A sweet spot where my trachyphyllia Radiata (who we call 'Area 51') is no longer bleaching and pulled in, yet still have the higher light needs met for the other 90% of my softy, lps and sps corals.
Well, i was successful and now the radiata is doing a very quick turn around. When a coral is healthy again, it starts to grow, the colors are more vibrant, and the polyps are let out, puffy, and relaxed.
So is Area...
Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27204 Comments 2 Go to first new comment IridescentLily is offline Edit Tags