Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Eulogy Assignment

Posted 10/15/2010 at 08:35 PM by Mmckibben

Hi, this isn't really reef related, but I thought I would post it any way. My english teacher wanted us to write a eulogy using no linking verbs(was, were, will be, etc). It also had to be in 3rd person. I decided to put it in an exaggerated, over the top, comical style. My parents aren't exactly word nerds, so out side of my piers I have no one to edit it. I turn it in next monday, and I thought mabby you guys could help. Thanks.

All Journeys Come To An End...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 99616 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Coral Carbon Crisis part 3

Posted 09/06/2010 at 10:39 AM by Mmckibben

Start At part one!

Interpretation of Data

According to the data given corals began to show signs of stress at a pH of 7.9, and SPS corals begin to die at 7.6. Over all the average plankton per drop went up by about 10% by the end of the experiment. It can be assumed this is happening because the coral polyps were small, and didn’t consume as much plankton. The theory is that when the coral polyps are small, and unhealthy, they have a smaller surface area to...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 85022 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Coral Carbon Crisis part 2

Posted 09/06/2010 at 10:37 AM by Mmckibben

Start at part 1!

Procedures

A. Materials

1. Fresh BIC ball point pen
2. Nylon Mesh Disc 1/2" OD 5 Micron Opening 37 Micron Thread Diameter 1 Percent Open Area (Pack of 100)
3. Small funnel
4. Red Sea Turbo CO2Bio System
5. 4* Red Sea CO2 Refill
6. American Marine Inc Pinpoint ph Monitor
7. Celestron Digital Microscope kit
8. All Glass 36 gallon bow front corner aquarium
9. DIY aquarium...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 133230 Comments 2 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Coral Carbon Crisis part 1

Posted 09/06/2010 at 10:36 AM by Mmckibben
Updated 09/06/2010 at 10:42 AM by Mmckibben

This is the science fair prodject I did last year. I sorry I'f my graphs don't show up for you. I have to split it into three blogs since It's so long.

Abstract

What is the effect of carbonic acid on the reef ecosystem? The Hypothesis was When the average ph of a coral reef (8.1) drops by .1 every 4 days for 24 days, the following corals are predicted to begin the dieing process at these ph levels: SPS at 7.65, LPS at 7.6, but soft corals won’t die...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 84276 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Missing an old friend

Posted 08/28/2010 at 09:00 PM by Mmckibben

At age 1 my family decided to get me a cat. He was a lazy, crazy, home work eating cat. I grew up my hole life with this spastic cat. Today is the year anniversary of his death. We live in colorado, and as all people who live in colorado know, don't leave your pets out side. He was eaten by a big owl. I'll miss him, he always brought light to every day. All you had to do was stand up and he would freak out an run out the room. During any storm, rain or snow, he would hide in one of the card board...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 79630 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags