Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
  1. New Comment

Beginning With the Intent to Add

and here's the "add" part.

several weeks later, when Mark was attending meetings with the VP in MY place because he had schmoozed his way there...he was asked questions he couldn't answer.

And a year later when my boss and I (yup, me) presented the entire proposal to the Air Force, my boss, Sam, turned to me and said, "there is a big fat check waiting in my office for you. Why didn't you speak up for yourself when Mark was taking all the credit?" And I said, "i didn't have to. i knew you would figure it out eventually."
  2. New Comment

The Dream

It's funny you should mention the gravity component. It doesn't seem to exist in my dreams. I mean, it's there. But when I want to, I seem to simply defy the law. Basketball? More like spaceball for me. I simply jump over, and fly past opponents. Superman kinda flying from here to there at will. Someone will chime in with some sort of dream interpretation here I bet. Now if I could just figure out the watermelon and Hershey bar smashing on the floor parts.....
  3. New Comment

The Zoo Story

Your daughter is like my sister and me combined.
  4. New Comment

The Dream

I almost never dream, but when I do it's almost real. I can hear, feel, taste, smell, see in 3d and color. It is rather easy to tell it's a dream thought, because gravity is sometimes a little, tiny bit off...
  5. New Comment

The Dream

really? i dream in color....and 3D. Sometimes even smell, taste, hear....very very weird, I guess...so they tell me...i've always dreamed that way.
  6. New Comment

The Zoo Story

Funny. my daughter is doubling in Bio-chem and Geology.
  7. New Comment

The Zoo Story

I didn't realize you live in rochester. My sister was going to go to the a university in Rochester , but ended up going to Iowa State. She's doubling in Bio-chem and english.
  8. New Comment

The Dream

I haven't had a good, or bad dream in over two years.
  9. New Comment

The Dream

beware of the flashbacks. sleep deprivation.... weight loss releases them from storage in your depths.
  10. New Comment

The Naughty List

I know a few adults that paint ball. I've never been in a match though. Have a Tippman A5 with 14in barrel, e-trigger, 4 pods, 2 co2 tanks, and an fps meter. I bought it all off craigs list for $100.
  11. New Comment

The Naughty List

i'd have the match anyway. lol.
  12. New Comment

The Naughty List

i love paintball. is that bad for an adult???
  13. New Comment

The Naughty List

LOL, you haven't posted in a while. The land belongs to our neighborhood, or at least the home owners association. The area has some trails through it, but thats about it. I didn't want to hit any houses, or leave paint by the trails, so I put the target at the base of a large hill. No one can really see where the target is, so she must have followed me. I don't mind stopping if it bothers her, but she should ask me to stop before taking a picture of me. I'm glad it happened now because my friend and I were planning to have paint ball match this week end.
  14. New Comment

The Naughty List

depends on who the land belongs to. to put your mind at ease, i would ask your Dad to go with you to her house, if you know where she is, and ask her. I think the worst that could happen is someone maybe from the county pays you a visit and asks you not to do it anymore.

On the bright side...maybe she just thought you were a good subject for a photo????? probably not...and yes, if it were me, i'd be a little spooked that some random lady was snapping a picture of me.

let me know what happens.

and no, i'm not dead....obviously.
  15. New Comment

The Naughty List

We have a large open space by our house. I have a target out there that I shoot paint balls at. For about two months I've been going out there and doing target practice. My dad has even come with me. Normally no one bothers me about it, and since the paint balls are bio degradable I thought nothing was wrong. Today as I was walking home a lady took a picture of me. It scared the hell out of me. No one really owns the field, and I wasn't causing damage to any thing, so how is that wrong. Plus I my parents said it was fine to do so. Do you think I should be worried?
  16. New Comment

The Naughty List

Superkat died again!
  17. New Comment

The Naughty List

TOOOO FUNNNNNYYYY! At our school ( at least middle and high) they don't do anything if the parent is late. Once a month we have charter day, so all the students get out at 12:30... well... my car pool forgot to wait for me. I ended up sitting there till 5:00. There, the only kid around, just sitting in the middle of the parking lot. A few seconds later I see my moms car racing into the parking lot at what was probably 15 times the speed limit. You could tell me to get a cell phone, so I could call some one; I do have one. The problem is my mom doesn't keep her cell phone on, and my dads job makes him turn his off during work hours. Yup, let's just say I found new meaning in watching clouds.
  18. New Comment

"Want the Rest?"

Heres those pics you wanted of the fire.

19. New Comment

Puppets

Not during the day, but I got some a night. I can say during the day you couldn't even see the mountains. We live 45 minutes away from the mountains, so that can give you an idea of how big the fire was.
  20. New Comment

Puppets

that's alot of smoke. did you grab any pics?