Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > slow_leak
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Power Problems Addressed Immediately

Posted 10/06/2009 at 07:29 AM by slow_leak

While I haven't even touch on livestock yet, the power failure left me thinking how futile this hobby is without adequate back up plan while away on work or vacation or during storm outages.

I already have a 3000 watt Honda generator that has seen little use and will fire up to test working condition this weekend.

I have a club member put in an additional electrical socket with a break and GFI. I have ordered a Neptune Heavy Duty Connect 4 to split circuit load across two breakers and two GFI's. I will use the the additional controlled sockets to controll load and different circuits in event one trips and one does not.

New Distribution to HD Connect 4 will be
- one Tunze Stream (This will still oxygenate main tank if one or other GFI's trip)
- 1/3 HP chiller to take dimming effect out of house.
- Both Lumatek ballasts ( they are started and stopped 15 minutes apart to prevent a trip. They even start 10 minutes apart after power outage)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18099 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments