Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Tentatives

Posted 10/11/2014 at 12:26 PM by Despairodyne
Updated 10/11/2014 at 12:34 PM by Despairodyne

For the IM 16:

Zoa garden, possum wrasse, appropriate
CUC. A little fish to keep the wrasse company perhaps.

Kessil 360EW

Kessil light controller.

Neotherm 75W heater.

Blueline heater controller.

Spectrapure meterliter ATO. I plan to use a single, large RO/DI reservoir (35g) to serve
76g worth of tanks.

Updated IM media baskets with filter floss,
Chemipure and Phosguard. One section will hold Marinepure ceramic biofilter media.

Tunze nanostream 6020.

I considered the Apex Jr. but in order to control the lights, I'd have to spring for an additional module. It's 180.00 for the heater and light controllers. An Apex Jr. with a VDM module would be almost 350.00.

I really would like to keep the rock work small so the Marine pure is my solution to violating the lbs/gallon rule.

If this tank bleeds out at some point, I'm going to replace it with an acrylic version of itself that's maybe 3" deeper.

Questions:

I have a gooseneck holder for the Kessil. I'm worried that it could put too much torque on the thin glass. Should I be concerned?

The return flow plus the Tunze 6020 should be enough flow for a zoa tank. I can put a second Tunze or 2 Sicce 560 gph power heads on a Sicce wave controller. Any advice here? I could also upgrade the return pump to increase flow.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19319 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. New Comment
    I've read an increasing fervor for dumping various things into a new tank to cycle it, many with the implication it does it faster---and some involving a lot of extra expense.