Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

Unread

445nm Laser Project.

Posted 10/06/2012 at 09:34 PM by Giovanni

[QUOTE=Giovanni;20758332]ANATOMY:

The laser has several parts. The safety goggles, laser lens, heat sink, laser Diode (LED), driver circuit, host, and batteries. The diode and driver circuit is housed in the heat sink. The heat sink and batteries house are housed in the host. In this case the host is a converted LED flashlight. I mentioned the goggles because safety first. The batteries power the laser driver circuit. The driver circuit provides a steady current and voltage to the...
AKA Flippa
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7808 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Giovanni is offline Edit Tags
Unread

445nm Laser Project.

Posted 10/06/2012 at 09:32 PM by Giovanni

[QUOTE=Giovanni;20758329]A friend and I have always battled with aiptasia. We have tried many kinds of control, aiptasia x, etc. They always come back and sometimes with a vengeance. Recently we discovered that some people were using 445nm lasers in the 1.8watt power to kill the aiptasia. After reading many threads on the pros and cons, I decided to give it a try. Only problem moving forward was finding a quality laser kit for a good price as most cost $250 and up. Recently I found a laser kit that...
AKA Flippa
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7336 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Giovanni is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Getting Back in to Reefing

Posted 10/02/2012 at 08:42 AM by Giovanni

I have just got back into Reefing. Here is a link to that effort with a [URL="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1694529"]Fluval Spec V Build[/URL].
AKA Flippa
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5754 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Giovanni is offline Edit Tags