Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Unread

2320, July 26th.

Posted 07/26/2010 at 10:35 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

So after pouring out one's heart and soul into something for six months...there's a release when it comes to an end.

I've been involved in theater since I was 5. I've been a professional stage manager for over 20 years. The non-union kind. There's a difference. Union techies find very little passion in their job...I believe my job gives me passion. So I am inclined to work harder and longer at something that gives me so much in return. And as I thought about that tonight...I...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 28762684 Comments 15 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Drama

Posted 07/25/2010 at 06:15 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

There's the kind that's part of what I do...Stage Manage. And then the other kind.

Gone are the days where you can speak your mind, be generous without someone thinking you have a hidden agenda, or spank your child in public.

I will, however, remain positive. For as sure as I am sitting here typing this...someone, somewhere, is taking what someone says or does one of two ways. The right way, or the wrong way. And of that? I have little control.

Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 285377 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

My kids

Posted 07/24/2010 at 04:12 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

finally transferred over 1300 pics from my phone to the computer...thought i would share:

Liam painting the RENT set with my director, Ralph.

[IMG]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad29/superkatski/0629001643a.jpg[/IMG]

Liam
[IMG]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad29/superkatski/0702001452a.jpg[/IMG]

Mandy and Liam
[IMG]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad29/superkatski/0702001453b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad29/superkatski/0702001454.jpg[/IMG]...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 35640 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Wow....

Posted 07/20/2010 at 10:36 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Okay...short and random..but had to share...I've been moving alot of my blogs to my facebook page as notes...and just got a message from Sky Sands, a local celebrity, who said..."not only can you paint what's in your heart on canvas...you seem to have the same ability with words."

there's my boost for the day! Woot!
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16302 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Brain Jam

Posted 07/20/2010 at 02:29 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 07/20/2010 at 09:52 AM by superkat

So much on my mind lately. I posted in another blog entry that if I didn't open the escape valve on my brain and my heart every now and then i would probably explode. Such is the case this evening.

So, in thinking over a few very important aspects of my life, coupled with the extreme emotions that being involved in RENT has brought on...i looked up some quotes on "thinking":

“People mistakenly assume that their thinking is done by their head; it is actually...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 29760 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags