Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > mcozad829
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Mikes progression through the reefing world

Posted 12/12/2015 at 11:13 PM by mcozad829

I have decided to start posting into my blog to document my experiences in reef keeping and how my knowledge and methods have changed over the years.

I started with a 46 gallon bowfront (2010) with a HOB filter, heater, and t-8 light fixture... everything kept dying and I couldn't figure out why. I started reading and started becoming aware of my issues.
After a few months I was given a reef ready 82 gallon bowfront tank with wet dry filter. The 46 was shut down and sold. I started the 82 gallon with the wet dry filter and eventually upgraded to a sump and skimmer. I also had a dual t-5 fixture so I was really reefing at this point. At least I was able to keep fish alive anyways.

This was a fun tank but I was never really successful with corals. My wife and I decided that we were going to buy a house and I decided I did not want to move this tank so I shut it down with the anticipation of getting a bigger tank after the move. Well the house purchase got delayed a year and I was itching real bad for a tank so I decided to jump into the nano game with a Nuvo 8. Oddly this nano was my first really successful reef tank...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/mcozad829/IMG_0565_zps40665610_1.jpg
Well I outgrew the 8 gallon nano in less then a year and decided to upgrade to the nuvo fusion 30. I built a stand that doubled as a wine rack and transferred the 8 into the 30.

A few months after I started this tank we moved after finally completing construction on our new home. During the construction I had a home office built and had a drain and water line installed to hook up a fish tank in my office.

The 30 gallon before the move...

After moving I was anxious to get a tank that would allow me a broader selection of fish so I broke down the system and gave most of it away to a local club member. And then I got my current tank a 110 gallon...

more to follow...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22315 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. New Comment
    In Hemsut you can find various kinds watch band, leather ,canvas, rubber and nylon, and nato watch band & apple watch band, make custom named leather watch straps for special gift.
    https://www.hemsutwatchbands.com/