Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

ProfiLux 3 pre launch important info

Posted 12/13/2009 at 01:08 PM by AQD_ottawa

Hi,

We are all getting excited about the pending delivery and subsquent shipping of the P3 kits and to the lucky few P3 packs.

So prior to this I would like to give you all a heads up of state of play in development and how things will run from here.

[B]What to expect.[/B]

When you get the kits you will want to upload the latest firmware and software, as the firmware and software to match is being developed, daily new realeases will come thick and fast. GHL are launching features once proven tested and stable, so for the first 8 weeks I expect a flurry of release activity.

The webserver capabilities are all in place, but the access and control points are being released in baby steps, as Matthias put it to us recently "it is better to have stable small function to start with than unstable fully functionality"

Those that want to develop their own web page, there will be an open source area for people to develop and share their own ideas together.

[B]Why baby stepped release?[/B]

In any industry we have all seen rushed development end up with stacks of bugs and issues, and GHL do not work like that, they would rather lose some sales from people impatient to wait than risk company brand name for the sake of rushing. So we ask eveyone to be patient and all things will come when proven 100% reliable. We also look forward to everyones own input as the P3 continues its user defined development.

[B]The future[/B]

The ProfiLux 3 is so powerful the capabilities are endless and with this in mind I look forward to the future with open mind and excitement, we all here at Aqua Digital and GHL thank you for your support.

[B]Onto support.[/B]

Due to the massive capabilities of the P3 (which admittedly you will not see when you first get the units) ALL support will be directed to [url]www.aquariumcomputer.com/forum[/url] . If you do not have an account PLEASE this week sign up to the forum as [B]NOTHING[/B] will be answered here, if a support request is asked here a link to the forum will be provided.

I personally will not be answering many P3 support questions as it is important everyone gets support from the top.

Why - The launch is globally massive, and it is physically impossible to address all support in multiple forums, this also does nothing for building a support data base. We at Aqua Digital must also focus our time and effort on making sure everyone gets their kits in a timely manner and also continue to deal with the deluge of dealer and sales enquiries.

If you have trouble signing up to the forum drop me an email (only) with a chosen user name and email address to attach the ID to and I will set it up for you

First shipment - We anticipate this leaving here Thursday

Second shipment - Expected to leave week 1 of January from Germany.

I have done everything possible to be as open with everyone in regards to the launch and hope this has gone a long way to making everyone feel secure in our commitment to all of you.

Enjoy the ride
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10400 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments