Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Unread

Thanksgiving

Posted 11/24/2010 at 12:27 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Well, this is certainly a topic that many may jump right into and have a list of things that they are thankful for.....but some of us....maybe are pulling at straws to find something to be thankful for...and tonight, I just wanted to share a few that are first and foremost in my heart:

1. My children.
- It really is something when a bad day can be turned around by a hug from a child...or a sarcastic comment from your adult daughter. When Liam holds me, or touches my...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 530004 Comments 4 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

What Dreams May Come

Posted 11/21/2010 at 10:35 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

What Dreams May Come is a 1998 film about a man who dies and finds himself in a heaven more amazing than he could have ever dreamed of, but without his wife, who killed herself after he died. He decides to risk eternity in hell for the small chance that he will be able to bring her back to heaven.

When I am done writing, I am going to watch this movie tonight. Because there are very few people on this planet that would sacrifice themselves for someone else. I realized this during...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1066737 Comments 14 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Cover Your Eyes

Posted 11/10/2010 at 12:37 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Lyrics. by, CABIN

[B][I]Against what you’ve learned

You can trust what you read

And believe every word

From a language we no longer speak

Life is a gift

Your only concern: “is there life after this”

Am I worthy of earning my wings

Is there room on the list for someone who needs to see proof you exist

It’s just not that easy for me

It’s just...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 543900 Comments 4 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Crossroads

Posted 11/10/2010 at 11:56 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

There are some places in California, where I used to live...where the roads are not paved, and not marked and the terrain is quite similar no matter where you look. If you go out there to drive or four wheel, you best bring a compass...because you could get confused very easily.

This correlation came about as I thought today on where I am in my life. And realizing that perhaps...I should have packed a compass.

I started out almost two years ago on a road I had not...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 272451 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

A Letter to My Son

Posted 11/05/2010 at 11:25 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 11/05/2010 at 11:38 AM by superkat

I have been literally CONSUMED with my theater work for weeks. Enough so that I have barely been able to spend much time with my beautiful son, Liam. I just found out a few minutes ago that my nephew's little boy, Benji..only 6 yrs old, died from complications during a surgery that was needed to correct a defect he had been born with. Needless to say...I am pretty emotional right now...as I think what it would be like to lose my son at this age. But there is a mountain of common sense that I...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 556071 Comments 5 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags