Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Believe In Yourself

Posted 08/14/2010 at 03:32 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 08/14/2010 at 10:52 PM by superkat

One of the worst things I've ever done for my self-esteem was to underestimate myself or my abilities. Interesting way to start a thought, huh? Two short weeks ago, I took on a lead role for a play that opens this Thursday. All of the other actors have had their script and have been learning their lines for MONTHS. I just got the script. I've been walking around the stage trying to interact with the others (all "off book", which means they have their lines memorized), and me with...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15092 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Tell me your flood stories!

Posted 08/14/2010 at 01:52 AM by Mmckibben

So just three days ago i cleaned out all my pumps, then headed off to my friends house. When I came back I found my carpet soaking wet... well, that's not normal. It turns out one of my pumps wasn't secured right and decided to squirt water every where. Yep 5 gallons of water to clean up can't be good. I finally got every thing dry, but I'm going to leave fans on it for an other week.

Tell me your flooded horror stories, any kind, big or small. Have at it every one!
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 94339 Comments 5 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Who Is Sick Of Driving Hours To Get Fish?

Posted 08/13/2010 at 10:48 AM by Mmckibben

I demand that more aquarium stores be opened world wide! Am I the only one who has to drive 45 minutes just to pick up a bottle of calcium! The government should do something! Were the biggest spenders/ tax payers in all of the world! We should threaten to only buy stuff online where taxes don't apply. Imagine the economic crash if we stopped paying thousands of dollars on fish! Who's with me!
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 66206 Comments 1 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Ripples

Posted 08/13/2010 at 05:27 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

So last night was the Perseid Meteor Shower. There are three major ones every year, the Perseids (August), Leonids (October) and the Orionids (December). A little background for you:

"The Perseid meteor shower has been observed for about 2000 years, with the earliest information on this meteor shower coming from the Far East. Some Catholics refer to the Perseids as the “tears of St. Lawrence”, since August 10 is the date of that saint’s martyrdom. Originating from the constellation...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 132903 Comments 22 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

I WON'T....i swear.

Posted 08/11/2010 at 04:36 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

I won't:

1. get caught up in a ball of negativity.
2. be used as someone else's doormat
3. get upset that what someone says about me may be untrue.
4. give up on humanity.
5. trade moments of peace for moments of pain
6. give in to adversity
7. stop being a part of positive people's lives.
8. let others push me into a corner.
9. accept that when people hurt others it is because they felt "betrayed."
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 87861 Comments 16 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags