Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > System configuration and fish for my two tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hardware components of my two primary tanks and some of the fish I keep
Rate this Entry

Profilux control of Tunze

Posted 05/04/2011 at 06:12 PM by snorvich
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:13 PM by snorvich
Tags profilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by chem-e View Post
I'm using two Tunze 6055 and an MP40 on my tank, but I use sequence 1 with 30% min to 80% max, off at night (only MP40 on night mode does the job), and 80% for storms (not that I use it).

Here's the info I got off the manual and I think this is one of the few sections that I find useful.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

6.5.2.1 Operational mode
Off – the pumps of this group are permanently off.
Permanent – the pumps are permanently active and operate synchronously.
Permanently alternating – The pumps are permanently active and operate alternating, i.e. if pump 1 runs with max.
speed, pump 2 runs with min. speed and the other way round.
Sequence 1 – Here, always exactly one current pump of this group is switched on alternating. The duration for the
change from one pump to the next one can be set, see below. When the last pump of this group was active, the cycle
starts again with the first pump of this group. If this group consists of 2 pumps, then the ebb-tide-simulation is
generated. If only one pump belongs to this group, it is switched on and off alternating.
Sequence 2 – Similar to Sequence 1, but the pumps are not switched one after the other, instead of that, they are
activated in an alternating order.
Surge 1 – The pumps of this group are switched on one after the other until all pumps are active, then the pumps are
switched off again in the same order until all are off. The time until the switching state changes again can be set (see
beneath).
Surge 2 – Similar to Surge 1, but the pumps are switched off in the inversed order in which they had been switched on
before.
Random – Using a random generator, all, some or none of the pumps belonging to this group are activated in a
continuous random variation. The time until the switching state changes again can be set (see beneath).

6.5.3 Pump settings
For each pump the following settings can be made individually:
Minimal – minimal power (during a wave trough or if pump inactive)
Maximal –maximal power (during a wave crest)
Night – maximal performance during nocturnal change
Storms –maximal performance during a storm
Behavior while feeding pause – adjustable is Pump uninvolved (Feeding pause don’t affect this pump), Pump at
minimum (pump is operated during the feeding pause only with minimal power) or Pump off (pump is switched off
during the feeding pause).
Posted in Profilux
Views 18047 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments