Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > gary greguire
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Gary's reef

Posted 01/28/2012 at 05:26 AM by gary greguire

Well after a long sabatical I have decided to jump back in, of cource there is never an option of starting small so here is where I am at.

I had a 75 that was still in decent shape so I cleaned it up ordered some new bulbs and revamped the lighting. I moved the sump and added a G3 skimmer. The 180 was compleatly over run by majonos which killed almost every coral I had except for some pallys a gorge a couple of leathers and beleive it or not a blueridge. I removed all the rock and nuked it with pool chlorine and then with murric acid. I also chlorinated the whole system and let it evap on its own. I then drained the swstem ond cleaned out the leftover dead majonos, mixed NSW and re filled and re stacked the rock. It has been cycling for about a month with some mollies in it for alge controll, it is time for snails and hermits now. I will get on the ball and upload some pics very soon.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8552 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments