Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > CRMangrove
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

My Build

Posted 03/28/2013 at 08:40 PM by CRMangrove

This tank is a reward for quitting smoking but I have a feeling this may be more expensive.

I guess I will start with my story as it pertains to marine aquariums. This will be my first salt setup but not my first tank. I spent years in frsh water and planted fresh water. I have been reading and researching salt for about 12 years on and off. I have helped others with DIY on reef tanks, frag tanks, custom lighting hoods, sump builds, and other stuff. But with all of this reasearch and experience I am smart enough that this only means I am a newbie and still have no experience reef keeping. I should make this point again.

I am a newbie and have no reef experience!

On to the main build details,
Main Tank: 24X24X24
Mangrove Tide Tank: 24X24X16 rimless
Sump: 24X12.5X25

The general idea is the main and sump will run as normal but every six hours the Mangrove tank tide will change. I know this will take a controller cycling it's feed pump and a multistage overflow/return for this tank. Anyway This will all be housed in one stand aprox 48 wide 72 tall. The mangroves will have about 3' grow room inside their compartment. I will post pictures as I go and I have some other cool ideas/tricks that will be revealed as I go.

I look forward to comments, questions, and guidance of all on this site.

First trip of many to Home Depot. Just to get me started.
10, 2X4X8, $32.40
1, Kilz Paint Gallon, $18.44
1, Box of 2.5" Screws, $8.47
2, 3/16", 4X8' Hardboard , $27.96
1, 22/32 4X8' Playwood, $30.45

A first total of $117.72
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12160 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments