Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Despairodyne
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Cold Weather And Heaters

Posted 02/22/2015 at 12:03 PM by Despairodyne

My basement fish room is in the low 50's on very cold days (we have lots of them) so the problem is sizing the heater. I have a 75W Neotherm for my Nuvo 16 Roulette. Since worst case is 30 degree delta between ambient and tank, its 14 degree difference capacity is not enough. Buying a second one is an option but not on I prefer. I have a Ranco controller for the tank but it won't help if the smoking goo issue happens. And, the Neotherms are kind of expensive.

I have a ViaAqua 100w titanium but it's a little long to be positioned vertically like the directions say. It will fit in the display portion which would be disappointing.

I've got a 200W Blueline on my 29 which keeps up OK.

Heating the space is problematic at the moment.

It's always something.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 34395 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. New Comment
    I have the same problem in the winter. I have a basement fish room as ell. I live in Ontario Canada. In the winter I put a heater in my main display tank to keep all tempter's the same.