Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Despairodyne
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Filling the spare tank.

Posted 11/12/2014 at 07:48 PM by Despairodyne

I used the Petco 1$ a gallon sale to pick up a 29g.

The plan was to use a 20L as a sump and make a small spare aquarium in the fish room. An opportunity to play with new equipment as well as having a place for livestock to live if and when I have an IM issue.

I like being prepared for disaster.

First up for evaluation is a pair of Sicce nano power heads on a Sicce controller. Also some experimentation on various heaters. In the winter, the heaters in all my tanks are going to have to keep the temperature stable in an environment where ambient temperature is about 60F.

Also a good opportunity to see if the dry rock I bought from an itinerant rock merchant is going to bleed out a lot of phosphates.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 30126 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. New Comment
    Do you recommend the controller for the powerheads? I see them and I wasn't sure if they were any good.
  2. New Comment
    Sorry for the late response. I haven't installed them yet. I've been playing with some Tunzes.