Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > MrSandman
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

I'm off for 5 weeks.................... ...

Posted 12/30/2009 at 01:08 PM by MrSandman

Well, i'm off for 5 weeks on a business trip to Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong and China) and catching the red-eye tonight. The tank will be in the hands of my wife during this time.

The last time i took a business trip (about 3 weeks ago) it was for only 2 days and all hell broke loose. The top-off reservoir ran low on water which resulted in the return pump running dry for about 12 hours and one of the GFCI's tripped when she hit feed mode on the AC3. Thankfully i had split up the tank on 2 separate circuits and nothing was lost during this time but it was quite interesting. Plus, it was only a 2-hour time difference which made talking things over the phone less painful.

This time it will be a 16-hour time difference.

So, i've given her the tour and some instructions on the daily/weekly regimen. Feeding and adding supplements....she doesn't mind. Now cleaning the skimmer.....that's a whole 'nother story. Good thing i had an old toothbrush laying around. She'll be using that to rub the skimmer down instead of her fingers.

Last week i did a water change. 2 days ago i bought more fish/reef food. Today i replaced the bulb on the UV sterilizer, swapped out the faulty pH probe on my reactor and calibrated both pH probes. The AC3 is fully functional and i will have access to it via my iPhone at all times for monitoring and controlling. Plus i have the LFS on standby in case additional help is needed.

I'm a little nervous, but i've also prepared myself mentally for a complete loss of livestock. If it happens, then it happens. Its just another excuse to start all over again.

So wish my wife and my tank some luck and i'll see everyone in 5 weeks!!!

P.S. - Babe, if you're reading this i love you, i'll miss you and don't stress about this too much. You'll do just fine. I'll make it up to you by bringing you home a dozen Louis Vuitton handbags.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17370 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments