Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Rate this Entry

Randomness.......

Posted 08/30/2010 at 04:15 AM by superkat

this got started under another blog...so moving to here...

starting with this one:

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 47521 Comments 9 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. New Comment
    It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.
  2. New Comment
    Probably urban legend.

"Five feet below the Bloomington campus is a 330-million-year old, 94-footthick layer of limestone," wrote Meadows. "When the library was constructed, the upper layer of this rock was found to be harder than expected. Rather than blast, we raised the lowest level of the building a number of feet."

HOWEVER...along the same line.. the Three Rivers Gorge dam in china is collapsing techtonic plates. The weight of the water has, and continues to displace the bedrock such that some scientists believe new deep ruptures to the earth's crust has and will continue to cause earthquakes and who knows what else... volcanic changes being of great concern. Even with the Chinese gov't news blackouts, we know of land / mudslides causing HUGE changes in the shape of the shape of the reservoir. Also cracks in the concrete have allowed air to enter the turbines causing cavitation. The harmonics have required emergency shutdown of some of the generators. Ultimately when the dam fails, it wll cause tidal waves that will cover our west coast. Doom and Gloom ahead. It'll all work out though. We'll get about a half a billion low wage immigrants to put to work at jobs Americans "don't want to do".
  3. New Comment
    nice. hahahhahahahah
  4. New Comment
    here's another:

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
  5. New Comment
    They used fish lines as guides for light sabers in the old star wars movies.
  6. New Comment
    nice. i did not know that...and I'm a star wars geek.

okay...here's one:

If you plug your nose you can't hum.
  7. New Comment
    Yes you can! I can hum for one second when i plug my nose!
  8. New Comment
    how???? i've been trying! i can't do it!
  9. New Comment
    I don't know how to explain it, I can just do it, it's probably due to my huge Italian nose! lol