View Single Post
Unread 02/18/2018, 10:45 AM   #23
copps
Premium Member

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek@1985 View Post
Amazing and mind blowing !

It's difficult to get my head wrapped around the sheer size and volume of the system . So I have read it atleast 3 times now . And still it feels like I should just keep reading it .

Copps - someday can you make a video of the tank if possible for those of us who cannot visit you in person ?

Regards,
Abhishek
Abhishek, there are times where I stand above the tank and look what I created, and it feels like it's not mine. I cannot explain the amount of effort that went into this... I glued every pipe... placed every rock... mounted every coral... it's a bit frightening sometimes to see the world I've created and realize I'm in charge of it. I've planned my forever system since I was a kid... and it's nice finally having it... along with our forever house... knowing that whatever you do you will be able to ideally enjoy it for years to come. I will absolutely take a video soon... after my next scheduled Kydex swapout (which I'll explain later)... until then I have plenty more to share... something I haven't shown is the theater we had put in across the room in 2016. I carried over the same stone I used around from the aquariums for the pillars in the theater...

My four grandparents were Italian, and it took some convincing the wife, but I added many Italian elements into the space... including a looong slab of Italian marble with a waterfall edge that's natural and contemprary... just the way my wife and I like it... and gray is my favorite color...

Here you can see the tank in relation to the theater... disregard the 1300 as it's completely washed out in this shot, but you get the idea...

Water has been my life since I was a child... I grew up in Northern New Jersey on an island on a lake... we water skied and fished when the lake wasn't frozen... including barefooting... my older brother was the New Jersey State barefoot champion in 1987... and in the winter we played ice hockey... I played Tier 1 mite through midget and went on to play Junior hockey for the Washington Junior Capitals... I also grew up snow skiing in the winter and ski raced for my high school team... and of course I love the ocean and diving... so, we tried to tie water into the theme without going to overboard... another Italian element is the Italian tile we used underneath shaped like with waves...

Even the sconces for the theater were wave inspired...

And this is what happens when you have a hard core reefer do theater lighting... I won't show the 50,000 possible color combinations... but you get the idea... my daughter loves turning it pink when she has all of her friends over...

But when I have my reefing buddies over of course our favorite is... turning on the actinics...

Copps

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.
Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one we’re talking about.

Current Tank Info: displays are 1300 gallon SPS (8.5' x 6' x 42"), 240 gallon anemone, and 350 gallon fish only
copps is offline   Reply With Quote