View Single Post
Unread 10/12/2016, 11:09 PM   #126
hitawaah
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreaperz View Post
Are you talking about positioning above the tank or what intensity to start at?

Starting intensity will depend on your livestock just fish. Start at 10% blue and 5% white and work your way up SLOWLY and see how they react. As far as position above the tank the lights manufacturer specs should help with that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for responding, yeah I'm talking about intensity. I have 4radion xr30w pros and a kessil ap 700 they are going in a canopy and I'm using glass lids. I have read the specs and have the setup designed for the light height. If you didn't read my first post I'm building a 300 gallon reef tank (96X24X30) so it's deep. I'm putting in roughly 400lbs. of dry rock (pukani and marco reef) seeded with nice live rock. After it cycles I'm going to start with some of the fish I mentioned. Once my parameters are stable for a few months then I will add some beginner corals. I've never done a reef I've had FOWLR and FO for over 20 years but never inverts, corals, and clams. I have never ran led lighting. So I know most of the fish I want wont be too bothered by light intensity but I still need a starting off point and I have no clue where to begin. I know when I add the corals the lights have an acclimation mode I can put them into then slowly ramp up. I also can place the coral deeper or higher depending on its needs. Thanks for the input at least I have something to go on for intensity purposes.

hitawaah is offline   Reply With Quote