View Single Post
Unread 01/02/2008, 01:07 AM   #1
chevegan
Registered Member

Joined the club went from a 50 to a 90g take a look pic intense

All these threads, especially jcp's, on 90s are funny. Seems we all gravitate to very very similar things. The 30g or so sump the koralia pumps the types of tangs we choose etc. Anyhow I had to change out my 50 since it sprung an ever increasing leak and was slowly dmging the stand. So it HAD to go.

Here is the best part. I was walking into a petco just for fun and as I walked to the fish area I saw a manager placing clearance tags on various tanks. Then AS I walked by he placed tags on an Oceanic 90 with solid maple stand AND canopy! Umm how much you say?? $385 BAM. I bought it right away. THEN I went over to my bud's pet store and he had a custom 30g sump with an ASM G2 on a display tank he had sold. Sooooo I purchased those 2 for $250 out the door! Mind you it was an EMPTY water only display!.

So here is the crap that was my 50. It was a clear for life which I drilled and purchased a custom overflow for. this pic is with the dawn T5 lights on. It had 2x150 hqi's 14k. The sump was a 29g I did myself. And boy what a load it was. I Gobbed on SO much silicone and the stupid wall still collapsed. 100lbs of LR which I have moved over and had a koralia 3 in it.

so with the help of my wonderful wife we were able to transfer everything over in 3 and a half hours after collecting all the parts.

Things I had to buy:
190 lbs of live sand from tahiti with 20lbs of it black and 20lbs crushed coral. Mind you the 50 crashed a couple times killing hundreds of dollars in corals. Only things left now is a pretty favia a rock with a bunch of Rics, a bubble coral, 1 toadstool and a rock with many bright green Zoos fuzzy greens and regular green mushrooms and about 1/3 a lobo . continuing...so here is the initial pic after setup

cat (bosco) enjoying new tank

following post will be current pics with all tank info

Reefing on a budget

Current Tank Info: Do it right the first time, save up, spend where it counts OR end up another craigslist ad of money lost.--------Why is this hobby so damn expensive??!-------

Last edited by chevegan; 01/02/2008 at 01:38 AM.
chevegan is offline   Reply With Quote