View Single Post
Unread 04/21/2020, 12:01 AM   #13
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Well as someone who's currently using a 300g Rubbermaid as a holding tank (don't buy anything Marineland...) and it looks somewhat cool as a look down, it's also only about 2 feet of water or so and it has LEDs relatively close (18-24 inches) to the surface so corals are glowing. However surface agitation makes viewing fish a bit problematic, although there are ways around that (don't have has much surface agitation is the key), but I'd image with the size of a pool a "look down" wouldn't be that impressive. So unless you want to regularly scuba or snorkel in the pool for recreation, I probably wouldn't bother with something like that, I'd rather just get a big pane of glass or acrylic and build a monster tank inside.

That said, yeah I saw the youtube video that the above guy mentioned, but they're not into aquariums, they're into Youtube clicks/views/subs, they basically paid someone else to do it, and who knows what the long term viability of it is. But all they did was put a few really big fake reef structures, then fill it with salt water, and then tossed in a ton of fish. For all anyone knows they fished out all the fish and drained the tank after they made the video.

Last edited by sfsuphysics; 04/21/2020 at 12:15 AM.
sfsuphysics is offline   Reply With Quote