View Single Post
Unread 12/26/2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Merfin70
Registered Member

George's Atlanta IM Nuvo Peninsula 14g

Starting a placeholder as I know I will have questions as it's been 8 years since I started a tank from scratch. My 65g is still running but all it has left in it is rock and a purple dottyback. The former inhabitants have all found much larger homes which is what was needed.

I'd raised a derasa clam that ultimately grew to 16" across and became a complete PIA when he would get po'ed at his positioning and start spewing water 5+' out of the tank to get more comfortable. Very very messy with a shallow tank.

My other giant was a purple carpet anemone that I coached back to health from 2" to nearly 24". He made adding new fish almost impossible as the first instinct always seemed to be to dive right into his loving tentacles.

With the hope of refinishing my wood floors next year, I am breaking it down and downsizing to a more manageable 14g IM Nuvo. Since I'm on vacation this week, I spent some time ordering gear. Hopefully I made wise choices. It's been a while and a lot has changed in 8 years !

Equipment:

Sicce 1.0 Return Pump which has a little more gusto than the stock pump and should be more quiet

AI Prime HD - My first time with LEDs. 65g was T5s

Tunze Nano Osmolator as I hate manual work so an ATO seemed necessary.

Will see how this proceeds once all of the gear arrives in the next week or so.

p.s. - With Photobucket no longer an option, what are folks using for hosting or pic posting these days ?

Current Tank: Jan 2010, Custom Cadlights 65g Starfire Shallow Rimless (36"x24"x17") with 24g Sump, ATI Sunpower 6x39w, Aquamaxx ConeS CO 1, Vortech MP40 + MP10, Return Eheim 1260
Merfin70 is offline   Reply With Quote