View Single Post
Unread 01/09/2009, 10:53 AM   #121
Kenmx10
Registered Member

I agree 100%. Now, I always plan my entire day the night before. Not only for my safety , but for the safety of those around me as well. I see alot of people getting away from it because of computers. I hope this doesnt lead to alot accidents in the future. To me its part of diving and I enjoy the advanced preparatrion.
I learned a good lesson from it though. I went out and got HP120's shortly after. I get my air in advance . I learned you cant rely on others to make sure you have what you need. You'll end up short like I was. Plus, the whole time I was down I couldnt take my eyes off the computer. It was beeping like crazy and I had to keep shallowing up the tower every couple of minutes. I downloaded the dive in my computer afterwards. Most the dive was either in the yellow or red. Even my safety stop. At that point I didnt care If they got their tank back bone dry.

I know there's alot of people who just want to get their certification card and thats about as far as they go with the learning process. And rely on someone else to tell them how long they can stay down. And how deep they can go. Alot of people think the computer is like some cruise control, where you just set it and cruise along. I think we may see some problems with this in the future. Thank goodness for DAN.

I've been contemplating Tech Diving. I want to take it to the next Level. But I dont have anyone else thats interested , And its not my profession, so I would be all alone. I've thought about trying to getting into the field somehow, something other than teaching OPen Water. But Im not sure what the opportunities are and if it would be steady work.

Have you used a rebreather Tech Diver?

Kenmx10 is offline   Reply With Quote