Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 01/06/2022, 12:45 PM   #2144
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I got up early again this morning to see if I could catch the Talbot's Damsels, and to snap some pics. The female damsel is once again playing hard to get, so no luck catching them today, but I'll keep trying. I did get a few pics, but none of the new fish. Waldo is exceedingly shy when I get close to the tank, so it may be a few more days (weeks?) before I get a good shot of him. Max stayed hidden for hours after the lights came on, so no pics of him. It gave me a scare, but he's since come out, and seems fine. I will definitely take more pics, and hopefully the new guys cooperate!

Full width shot. Not the best pic, but I like to show an overview to start. Just left of center/top you may be able to see where the back wall has been grazed bare in a small area. Change is coming!

From the end. Royal Gramma harem and Scarlett, the Tomini Tang. I'm getting a fair amount of bubble algae. This morning I found some partially eaten. Good evidence that Waldo eats that too. Yay!

Stanley was a good poser for me. Isn't he pretty?

A decent pic of one of the Allen's Damsels. Hard to tell but he's BIG! Two are about 5 inches long, and one about 4. Still my favorite damsel!

Hard to believe that the sailfin tang will eventually dwarf the tomini.

A pair of living jewels!

When they're not grazing, these two often follow each other around.

Three amigos.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018

Last edited by Michael Hoaster; 01/06/2022 at 05:24 PM.
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote