View Single Post
Unread 10/05/2012, 03:38 PM   #37
cabbagehead
Premium Member

Disaster strikes!!

Well it seems disaster strikes at any experience level. This week I have lost some of my favorite pieces. My daughter had emergency brain surgery at All Children's on Saturday. I have spent the past 7 days shuttellng back and forth and on Wednesday I came one to disaster. After a long day at the hospital I came home and my house had no AC. It is a brand new unit and has worked flawless for the past year. According to the thermostat it went out at 9:30 am. The temperature got up to 91 inside the house. My 60 gallon was at 89 degrees and my 26 was pushing 90. The fish survived fine but I lost two Acans, Red monticap, red welso, and a small neon green welso. The worst part is my favorite piece, my orange branching hammer, has started reseeding and developing brown jelly. I fragged it into two pieces and got rid of the infected pieces. So far it looks like I may have saved some of it but who knows.

My only question is should I expect more death? I am going to test parameters tonight after I get everyone home and settled.

cabbagehead is offline   Reply With Quote