View Single Post
Unread 07/22/2009, 08:27 PM   #22
jason2459
Registered Member

Thanks Capn. That's terrible news about the flooding. I'm super paranoid about flooding now. One of the reasons I'm going to attempt to drill a 1.25in hole and slide in a 1/2 piping into my skimmer's collection cup to drain straight into a drain. Was going to have it go into a collection bucket but realized why not straight into a drain.

No one around here has uniseals so got one ordered online and will attempt to not destroy the collection cup. My neighbor has a drill press and will ask him to see if I could use that. Got a drill bit made for metal, plastic, acrylic, etc... Bulk head would be to big for this small HOB skimmer and a uniseal seemed perfect.

I ordered a red sea ozonizer from DFS and will hook it up to the skimmer. I have everything else hooked up and ready for the dolomite, dead rock, and water. Should be getting the dolomite in the next couple days. Got the shipping confirmation on Monday and is being sent priority mail.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank

Last edited by jason2459; 07/22/2009 at 09:00 PM.
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote