Thread: 180G UK reef
View Single Post
Unread 08/19/2007, 12:53 PM   #18
Tiggsy
Registered Member

Another bit of rock all done....so much fun i worked through the rain

trimmed of excess foam (the blue tub in the background is to test that it sinks! The foam will easily make 20kg of rock float unless all the extra is trimmed away)

Here is the bit epoxy'd and covered in stone...and added to the other bits. The tub of food is for scale, its 27 1/2" to the point where water will flow over to the weir. It rises a litle to cover the inlet pipe so will stick above the water line at that point (abot 28 1/4")

end on, its is FULL of holes and caves and tunnels and very open behind the rock.....every fish i will stock could easily get behind this area alone if they wanted to.

This overhead shows the tank layout (it wasnt 100% overhead so it looks like the rock goes beyond the red tank outline)

Notive the input for the main return (an OR 6500 - an OR3500 will return elsewhere), the weir box is 6X9"...the rock done so far is 36" long leaving a 6" gap to the far left. The weirt box is 9" deep and the rock only 11" at its deepest (despite peeking over 28" tall) meaning almost 20" clear in the tank even at the rock walls widest point

The blue is the remaining bits to do, around the weir and down the right side in two sections and 3 islands. Got a lot of reef bones and stuff on the way from germany for that.

Not a great shot but shows the back of the new bit - you can see how open it is behind there. This is the heavist bit i will make (the islands will be in horizontal sections)...this bit weighs about 15kg and is very sturdy and easily moved around.

So far so good

(Mrs has added that the patio table has now seen better days though :unsure: )[/quote]

Tiggsy is offline   Reply With Quote