View Single Post
Unread 08/09/2007, 05:39 PM   #47
SaraB
Coral Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by capn_hylinur
Sarah, probably you measured your mag first---what is the reading. I dosed with Seachem mag for about a month every other day--the reading has been 1350 and stayed there--I haven't dosed mag for at least 3 weeks either and it is staying there. I think once you get the mag up to 1300 it stays there without alot of dosing.
Dosing daily I have raised my Mg from the low 1100's to 1250. I still have low Alk at 6.1dKH and CA is at 470. My other system has Mg at 1155, Alk at 7.7dKH and CA at 400. I like to dose slow rather than add the large amounts suggested by the calculators. I'll continue to work on it and try the two part when I'm out of Tech M. I'm also going to get some new test kits as well since these are a bit over a year old (Saliferts).

For my other additives, I use Turbo Calcium for increasing the CA in my new saltwater. I dose Ca in the tank with 400 Ca and I don't dose the other tank as it holds typically at 450 with no additives. I also have the Warner Marine 2 part and use that for daily Alk and Ca dosing.