View Single Post
Unread 10/29/2009, 07:02 AM   #15
Leonardo_
TRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoletti View Post
There are many different ways to treat our tanks once our tanks are affected depending on the type of pest.

The only way not to introduce any new pests into out tanks is not to add anymore coral We all know thats not going to happen so it is suggested to have a QT tank for all new incoming coral for a minimum of a month. It is the least you can do to help prevent any unwanted additions to your system. The month long duration will allow any eggs that are on the coral to hatch and begin their feeding; thus easier to spot.
All of the corals for my future project are collected now and treated for several monts. After the new tank is set up I won't add anything anymore (at least not Acropora and Montipora). I just make sure to collect some really nice species now and let them grow out later

While I agree that tanks still can flourish while infected with AEFW in combination with blowing off the flatworms every week, I always wonder how the corals would have developed without these worms constantly draining the corals energy to heal the existing coral tissue.

Leonardo