View Single Post
Unread 09/20/2021, 11:25 PM   #1
Endtroducing
Registered Member

First Reef Tank (65G)

Hello everyone. I posted in the newbie forum and got some great feedback. Being familiar with automotive build threads I'm actually excited to get one going for my wife and I's newest tank.

Some brief background. Fish, snorkeling, diving are one of our shared passions and fishkeeping was really our first hobby together. We have different tastes (I like weird stuff, she likes pretty stuff) but we have a lot of fun with it. We have 3 freshwater tanks (10G Betta Apartment), 9G nano tank, 45G freshwater community tank.

The 65G is our first real venture into reef keeping. My in-laws have a custom 700G FWLR tank that we do a lot of the work on, but this is special to us because these fish are ours.

So far we have 2 black O clowns, 1 YWG and a Midas Blenny that is a couple days old. Our rock situation is a hodgepodge of synthetic live rock from petco, dry rock from a LFS and a big rock I found in the Bahamas snorkeling. Our goal is to build a nice reef tank, populate it with fish that we enjoy and create our own little reef in our living room. I'll try and find a way to get some things uploaded so you all can see an update oearly stages. stages.

Endtroducing is offline   Reply With Quote