Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 12/23/2021, 09:13 PM   #2121
Minorhero
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Sounds like you're doing your homework! Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.
Thank you! It's all great till I actually get to try it

Why do you not like hermit crabs?

I was reading in your posts that you thought your grass was growing slower in winter. Is that still the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlangel View Post
Hi and welcome! I thought that I would share that I kept erectus seahorses for about 5 years. They are the most charming fish pets ever but definitely not for the casual aquarist.

I had very good success when I followed the advise of folks like rayjay and Pete Giwjonja at Ocean Rider. However when I tried to push the boundaries of what is recommended by these knowledgeable folks, I ran into trouble. Believe when I say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure when it comes to seahorses. Treating sick ponies is no fun.

I wish you the best of luck with this project.
Thank you! I am looking at all the information I can find. I feel like grass and seahorses should be a really good fit in aquariums. I don't know much about saltwater but I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of growing plants submerged. I am going to take it slow and get a feel for the saltwater side of things for a few months before anything with a vertebrate gets added.

I definitely would not consider myself a casual aquarist. I have three CO2 injected freshwater tanks, one of which has newts. I also keep some dart frogs. Both the newts and the dart frogs eat cultured live foods I maintain. With any species there is a learning/research phase. That's just how it goes.

Minorhero is offline   Reply With Quote