View Single Post
Unread 04/29/2009, 04:27 PM   #2
cartoonbear
Registered Member

Ok, the rock has come in, I've got the tank, and I've gotten all the wood (expect for the doors which had to be ordered). Today construction on the Stand is to begin.

A couple of updates. The lighting situation has changed. I will not be running off of 54watt ballasts, instead I will be using the recommended 39 watt ballasts and the bulb combination has also changed. 2 ATI blue Plus, 1 ATI Aquablue special, and 1 UVL 75/25.

The tank size has also changed a little. The outside dimensions (including trim)is 36"x18"x19", so instead of a little over 50 gallons it will now be a little of 46 gallons.

I also got my rock from Marco Rocks yesterday and I could not be any happier. I ordered 50 lbs of the KeyLargo dry rock and paid the $10 shipping. Not only did it take less than a week to get the rock from across the country, but it is simply perfect. Super porous, amazing aesthetically, and it lends itself to perfect stacking.

As soon as I can get my P&S back from my brother I will start posting pics of the build, sorry for the lack of pics up to this point.

Current Tank Info: 125g Reef w/ T5 HOs, 50Gallon being built!
cartoonbear is offline   Reply With Quote