Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/18/2018, 08:10 AM   #26
elFloyd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elFloyd View Post
I have a box of inverts stuck in Louisville right now. It’s a replacement for delayed DOA just before Christmas.
Still waiting for mine here in Atlanta. On the truck yesterday for delivery, never showed up. Probably spent the night in a parking lot at 16 degrees. A sensible person would think delivery by 10:30 am would stick even if the shipment was delayed.... but... preparing for icicles.

elFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 08:22 AM   #27
nereefpat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcar View Post
If you add a fish to DT how can you match the salinity? or is that only in QT tanks?
In that case, I would put a couple gallons of display water in a bucket. Then match the salinity there. Once fish are in the bucket, acclimate to the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfinn967 View Post
You have to acclimate. There are several methods, most common being the "drip method".
I use a device called "The AccliMate by Reef Gently.
You can't use the drip method in this situation, as discussed.

Current Tank Info: 125 in-wall , 40b sump. 6 bulb T5. ASM G2 skimmer. LPS and leathers
nereefpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2018, 02:34 PM   #28
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcar View Post
If you add a fish to DT how can you match the salinity? or is that only in QT tanks?
Why would you not quarantine?

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2018, 03:05 PM   #29
ant123mon
Registered Member

Fish

yup I just had a order delayed everything was dead unfortunately, I called them and they wanted to know if I acclimated the dead fish and snails. I described to them how dead they were, they refunded me without further questions or pics. seller Liveaquaria saturday delivery. It was a bummer
Anthony

ant123mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2018, 04:07 PM   #30
NYCBOB
Registered Member

my order is delayed by ups at louisville coming to nyc. hoping most things will survive when shipment is coming tmo.

NYCBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2021, 02:25 PM   #31
Gellehaiak
Registered Member

All I can do now is track my package on the tracker, but that sometimes fails, so I'm waiting

Gellehaiak is offline   Reply With Quote