Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/11/2009, 12:32 AM   #51
Demonic
Premium Member

Its actually a newer version. Mine is the V2, if you got yours during Christmas time then I am sure you got the V1. They are the same other than the buttons.

Unread 05/11/2009, 12:26 PM   #52
oxymoron
Premium Member

Tagging along.
Wow nice build. That skimmer looks intense. Make sure to update on its progress once you get it stocked.

oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2009, 11:33 PM   #53
buy_baff
Registered Member

Looks sweet! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Unread 05/12/2009, 04:21 AM   #54
Demonic
Premium Member

Thanks, I meant to post some pics tonight but got a little busy with some things. Will def get some tonight. My Koralia 8 should be in tonight. Cant wait to play with it on the wavemaker.

Unread 06/01/2009, 12:35 PM   #55
Cuby2k
Cuby2k

Tank and setup looks awesome!

Current Tank Info: 180 display, 100 gal DIY fuge/sump, DIY skimmer.
Cuby2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2009, 04:29 PM   #56
elijaher
Registered Member

Things is lookin great.

elijaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2009, 09:14 PM   #57
ackerman
Registered Member

Hows the tank comin along?

Current Tank Info: 180 reef, 55g sump, diy leds with cat 4101 drivers, vortech mp40w, RKL, diy calc reactor, super reef octo 5000 ext skimmer
ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2009, 10:51 PM   #58
kudora
thread reader

its really coming along, the PB and blue tang look great.

"Paul b"

Current Tank Info: 84 gallon(60x18x18) tank, 40 breeder frag, 30 gallon lps
kudora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2009, 11:17 PM   #59
Demonic
Premium Member

Things are great. Growth is great. I was trying to hold off taking pics of the tank until I got a couple more fish and the coral order is coming up. I snapped a couple of pics tonight and will post them soon.

Unread 06/18/2009, 01:34 PM   #60
flrn
Registered Member

Nice pics! I love what you did with the overflow, I too have a peninsula tank, mine is only 65gal though with one overflow on the end. I have a problem with flow though on the top, and added 4 powerheads which seems to have solved the problem. I do like the foam you used, and then added sand. how does it look now that the tank has been up and running??? Any coraline algae on it as of yet?

flrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2009, 06:57 PM   #61
Demonic
Premium Member

Well I did take some photos but I cant seem to login in to photobucket. Maybe it will let me log in later. As for the back wall it does show spot of Coraline but mostly still green, which shows that algae will cover it so it does look natural. Hopefully I can post the pics later.
I was going to post pictures tomorrow of the new additions I ordered from Live Aquaria but they just sent me an email saying that they did not make it on shipping. I ordered 5 lyretail anthias for my tank and some other things for the other tank. I will also post pics of that tank, in which I think looks better than mine.

Unread 08/13/2009, 11:53 PM   #62
jeff209
Registered Member

can we get a update

-Jeff

Current Tank Info: 120 in the works
jeff209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2009, 11:56 PM   #63
ackerman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff209
can we get a update
+1

Unread 08/14/2009, 05:41 AM   #64
strout
Registered Member

Looks nice, like the rock wall.

strout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2009, 08:48 AM   #65
Demonic
Premium Member

Well its been rocky. I bought a lot of corals that got really stressed and a lot didnt make it. One thing lead to another and I decided to take the tank down and redo some things. I am changing the setup a little. I took the beckett skimmer off and bought an EuroReef RS250. I took the dart and koralia's off and bought a 6201, 6101, and two 6100's with a controller. I sold the RKE and am buying a RK lite since they can control the SL2 also. I will have the tank back up by this weekend if we dont go to the lake and will take some pics for you guys.

Thanks for the compliment about the rock wall, but sadly I had to tear it in half because the anthias decided to hide behind it. I am sure I can still make it look as good as new but we will see.

Unread 08/14/2009, 12:16 PM   #66
Wilberheim
Registered Member

Tagging along.

You have inspired me to look into doing a tank just like this in my basement.

Wilberheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2009, 03:25 PM   #67
strout
Registered Member

I was wondering if the fish could get behind the wall. I still like the idea though, you can put some corals on the rock ledges in the wall, would look cool.

strout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2009, 04:08 PM   #68
Demonic
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilberheim
[B]Tagging along.

You have inspired me to look into doing a tank just like this in my basement.
Thank you for the kind words. It do enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally posted by strout
I was wondering if the fish could get behind the wall. I still like the idea though, you can put some corals on the rock ledges in the wall, would look cool.

I had monti's on the ledges of the wall. I will do that again when it goes back up. They got behind the wall because I was pulling on one side to tear it off. I need to be able to use the magnets on that wall so I was altering it. Its ok, no fish were harmed.

Demonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2009, 12:03 AM   #69
nitro4kthompson
Registered Member

Nice DIY skills. I can't wait to see this completed. Oh, I also LOVE the lazy fat pugs. Too cute.

nitro4kthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2009, 12:32 AM   #70
Demonic
Premium Member

Thanks. I am not much of a DIY guy but I am just reading and learning as I go along. I should have the tank back up by Wednesday. Thats when I get most of the pumps in. I will take some pics then and update more.

Unread 08/15/2009, 04:10 AM   #71
Lightsluvr
Tangaroa to 500 gallons

Rockwall (a town in Texas) ;)

I just read through your thread... I was a little skeptical about your raock wall, but it turned out looking quite nice. Sad you had to take it down.

Looking forward to your updates as things go back together.

LL

Click on my username and select "Lightsluvr's Home Page" for a recap of our build thread - AGE Hybrid Tank in a 500G system with dedicated fish room. (Takes a few minutes for photos to load) Leave a note if you stop by...

Current Tank Info: 350G AGE Hybrid reef tank. 500G+ total water volume. Three sumps for filtration. Barracuda Gold return and Hammerhead Gold closed loop pumps. DIY T5 light system on rails. MP40W x3 to supplement closed loop. 130G Water management system.
Lightsluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2009, 07:32 AM   #72
asmodeus
SKIMMER WHORE

hey man .tank looks great love the over flow too. I don't live to far from you, i'm about 1 hour from dunseith ND im in Manitoba, BRandon. i should look you up the next time im in Minot would love to see some other setups there since we are always down there.
What do you do in the US forces im in the canadian forces here in Manitoba, the Artillery Regiment.

Unread 08/15/2009, 07:46 AM   #73
Demonic
Premium Member

Thanks for the compliments. That wall will go back up though. And Asmodeus stop by any time. I am an Hydraulics Craftsman on the B-52.

Unread 11/11/2009, 12:56 AM   #74
Demonic
Premium Member

Ok, its been a very long time since an update. I was TDY to Alaska then very sick, but enough excuses. Things that have changed. I changed from MH to T5. I have 7X80w T5's (3X blue plus, KZ fiji purple, Midday, Aquablue, 6500K) and 2X140w super actinic VHO's.
I just bought the new MSX300A and hope to have it up next week. I will post pics of the corals I got from a fellow reefer, which he was a very, very generous guy and I do appreciate it. Anyway I will update with pics tomorrow. I have lots of goodies to show.

Demonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2009, 10:08 PM   #75
ackerman
Registered Member

Hows the tank doin and were are the pics?

Current Tank Info: 180 reef, 55g sump, diy leds with cat 4101 drivers, vortech mp40w, RKL, diy calc reactor, super reef octo 5000 ext skimmer