Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/05/2022, 11:23 AM   #576
vlangel
Registered Member

Today after visiting family out of state, I am back home, settled and ready to tend to my tanks. This morning I made water, did a water change and cleaned the glass in the fuge. My salinity has crept up slightly so will gradually decrease it in the coming weeks.

Guardian, the ywg has grown a lot since I got him. He has developed that endearing (at least to me) grumpy face that bigger watchman gobies get. Perky, the rescue Percula looks fat and sassy. Molly McQuire is showing his age, or maybe the .026 salinity is hard on him. Normally I keep it closer to natural seawater.

I plan to work on the display when the lights come on shortly. The glass definitely needs attention.

Genesis 1:20 -

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon naural nutrient macro reef that flows into a 30 gallon fuge with macros/seagrass that flows into a 20 gallon sump.
vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2022, 02:42 PM   #577
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Back to the grind! Sounds like your fish are fat and happy!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2022, 04:59 PM   #578
vlangel
Registered Member

They are doing well. Today I had some time to sit on the sofa and just enjoy watching them now that the glass is clean.

I am thinking about doing feather duster worms again. I have always had a fascination about them. They are such a unique creature and I was having good luck with the last ones I got until I tried to move them. Where ever I put them or they move to will be where they stay this time around.

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon naural nutrient macro reef that flows into a 30 gallon fuge with macros/seagrass that flows into a 20 gallon sump.
Old 01/06/2022, 05:46 PM   #579
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I'll be couch-bound here myself shortly. Looking forward to the show!

Feather Dusters are cool. Good luck with them, if you get 'em!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2022, 04:52 PM   #580
vlangel
Registered Member

I probably will not do anything drastic until an aunt we are helping is done with cataract surgery. She will have a multitude of limitations that may actually require me to stay at her house for a week. Both eyes need done and they are a month apart so I will be tied up until the end of Feb so nothing new til then.

My rainbow nem divided again. Rose bubble and rainbow bubble nems seem to divide very readily. I had a sebae anemone for years that never divided and this nem has divided at least 4Xs. Both nems look healthy and happy. I like them and they stay confined to the pinnacle of the stoney coral that they reside on so it's not a bad thing. I just wonder why it happens. Of course there will always be some mysteries in regards to our tanks.