Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/08/2022, 03:40 PM   #2151
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Got some new pics for ya! Mostly of Miracle Max, the Regal Blue Tang.

I wanted to get a better full width shot. The seagrass has never been taller. Can you see Stanley, the Sailfin Tang, in the middle of it?

The Blues Brothers, or um, Blues Cousins?

Max. "I'm, outta here".

More fish in this one.

Everybody wants to be in this one.

Not a great shot, but the best I got of (Where's) Waldo, the Foxface.

"Let's try to spread out more, for a better composition". Can you spot the Talbot's Damsel, just below Scarlett, the Tomini Tang?

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2022, 05:10 PM   #2152
vlangel
Registered Member

Miracle Max must be fitting in well for you to get so many pics of him. He looks very nice and as he continues to grow, his size will be an attractive comparison to the blue damsels. The Foxface is a great addition. He looks pretty good from what I can see.

I presume everyone is eating well?
What a wonderful little piece of the ocean you have there.

Genesis 1:20 -

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon naural nutrient macro reef that flows into a 30 gallon fuge with macros/seagrass that flows into a 20 gallon sump.
vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2022, 05:34 PM   #2153
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

The damsels still chase Max a little, but with much less gusto. I love this fish! The more I see him, the more I realize that the Blue Tang is my favorite fish. They're just so smart and quirky, and beautiful!

I think the Foxface will need a few more days before he doesn't dive for cover at my approach. His coloring varies with activity and location, like a chameleon. Sometimes he flashes his fins rhythmically, advertising his poison secret.

Everyone is eating well and I'm still feeding heavy. It's kinda fun, feeding the tank more. Everybody get fat!

Unread 01/08/2022, 09:04 PM   #2154
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

More pics!

Stanley posing hard. Go Stanley, go stanley!

Tangs on patrol.

Stanley working it with the Gracialria. Looks so cool!

Scarlett is still the most graceful fish in the tank. She's a beauty!

Unread 01/09/2022, 09:47 AM   #2155
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Looking Good Michael!

Unread 01/09/2022, 10:53 AM   #2156
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Vinny!

Unread 01/09/2022, 01:22 PM   #2157
vlangel
Registered Member

Stanley's pattern is just so beautiful. I can't blame him for posing, he must know what a handsome fish he is, LOL.
I love the pics. I have green envy, meaning I wish my tank had more green in it like your tank.

Genesis 1:20 -

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon naural nutrient macro reef that flows into a 30 gallon fuge with macros/seagrass that flows into a 20 gallon sump.
vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2022, 10:26 PM   #2158
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Stanley is a looker, with great, juvenile colors. He's also the king of the tank. He could grow into dinner plate size!

Glad you like the pics. It's good to get back into practice. Fish are challenging subjects. I hope to get pics of Waldo the Foxface, when he flashes his fins. They're almost like daggers. Really gorgeous. He's a weird fish. Rarely in a hurry, sometimes hiding in camouflage, sometimes boldly in the open, but still a bit shy these early days.

Max and Waldo look to be the fastest and slowest moving fish in the tank.

Tags
ecosystem, food web, macro algae, planted tank, seagrass