Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/04/2021, 08:04 PM   #401
seahunt73
Registered Member

Arctica not working properly

Hello: My Arctica chiller will not start on its own. If I change the temp setting, it will start cooling to about .5 lower the selected temp then idle. It will reach the ambient temp without kicking back. It will only start again if I change the temp manually. Anyone with more experience know what part of the chiller is bad before I start opening it? Thanks in advance.

seahunt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2021, 08:13 PM   #402
marcusbacus
Registered Member

A dumb question: can I turn off my chiller completely without disconnecting anything off the system, I mean plugging it off from the power outlet and also doing the same with the pump (which I think is not working as expected)? Will there be any leakage or some water that's inside it returning to the tank? Is there an order of what should be turned off first (pump or chiller)? Can I let just the coel on to monitor the temperature with the probe or it will be turned off when the chiller is turned off?

marcusbacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2021, 04:11 PM   #403
Chicksnicket
Registered Member

Need new hose fittings but can't find them anywhere?

I bought a chiller and the maker seems to be out of business (Pacific Coast Imports CL-280) and the previous owner I bought it from just informed me he threw away the old hose fittings. Where can I try to buy new ones that might fit, or more likely, how can I adapt the hose to the chiller without a kit? I feel the chance of getting the fittings are very slim and think I'm going to need to rig something else creative up. Thank you so much!

Chicksnicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2021, 04:42 PM   #404
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Picture would help a lot.

Unread 05/13/2021, 04:45 PM   #405
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

If you turn off the chiller you can do 2 things, disconnect & drain it, or just let water run through it.

Unread 06/19/2021, 05:06 PM   #406
johara
Registered Member

Chiller not coming on

My arctica chiller no longer comes on. Display is lit and correct water temp displayed. Water temp now at 85, chiller set to come on at 80. No sign of fan or compressor coming on. How do I troubleshoot this? Chiller is probably 5+ years old, no issues til now.

johara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2021, 10:21 AM   #407
CJ
Premium Member

Fuse keeps blowing on Arctica chiller

Every year during very hot weather and the chiller runs a lot, it blows a fuse several times a summer. I usually have no problem after replacing it.

This year, same thing happened three times in a relatively short time. It has been an unusually hot period, though. I noticed that there seemed to be two little balls of metal fused to the used fuse. The metal does not seem to come from the fuse itself. I am concerned I could lose my chiller at the worst time of the year. Some feedback would be very much appreciated.

My chiller is a DBE200 1/4HP in line Arctica and has been running like a champ for 17 years and still does when I change the fuse but only for a few days.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon acrylic with two 20 longs in line homes to RBTs and softies. Turboflotor skimmer, Dolphin circulation pump, two Vortex pumps, 3 MaxiJets on wavemaker, 2 are mods. mixed tank with clam, fish, shrimps and cleaner crew.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote