Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/14/2021, 10:24 PM   #1
Itchy Trigger
Registered Member

Large Glass Aquarium Builders?

Sometime over the next 6 months or so I'll be jumping back into the large aquarium game. Looking to get a very large tank made, somewhere in the vicinity of 500g. After having a 330g acrylic tank for several years, I vowed never to go acrylic again. Look at it funny and it scratches. So I'll be looking for someone to make a glass tank, measurements somewhere around 120"x30" and 34" high. Tank, stand/cabinet, sump, everything... I've been given a few recommendations and will be getting some quotes in the months to come, but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone can offer other suggestions.

The two places I'll be getting quotes from so far: Nature Design Studio (NDS) in Los Angeles and Custom Aquariums in Wisconsin. If anyone would like to recommend other aquarium builders, I'd love to check them out. Additionally if anyone has experience with either of the two companies I mentioned, please share. This is obviously going to be a big investment so I want to make the right choices from the get go.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Unread 07/02/2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Glass Cages has come a long way.

Unread 07/27/2021, 01:27 PM   #3
stephj03
Registered Member

Crystal dynamics (formerly LeeMar)

Planet Aquariums

Reef Savvy

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

stephj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2021, 10:03 PM   #4
LeotheLion18
Registered Member

Let me know how this goes. I have a 265 and looking to go 500+ soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 08/01/2021, 06:35 PM   #5
Fazm79
Registered Member

Please let me know as well, looking to add a large aquarium in NJ in the next year.

Fazm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2021, 08:08 PM   #6
EleganceMan
Registered Member

I can build it for you anytime your ready just give me a call or text 701-404-6320

Current Tank Info: 160 gallon reef
EleganceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2021, 09:30 PM   #7
Iammatt219
Registered Member

Coast to coast
http://coasttocoastaquariums.com/

Iammatt219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2021, 07:20 AM   #8
moneymm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy Trigger View Post
Sometime over the next 6 months or so I'll be jumping back into the large aquarium game. Looking to get a very large tank made, somewhere in the vicinity of 500g. After having a 330g acrylic tank for several years, I vowed never to go acrylic again. Look at it funny and it scratches. So I'll be looking for someone to make a glass tank, measurements somewhere around 120"x30" and 34" high. Tank, stand/cabinet, sump, everything... I've been given a few recommendations and will be getting some quotes in the months to come, but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone can offer other suggestions.

The two places I'll be getting quotes from so far: Nature Design Studio (NDS) in Los Angeles and Custom Aquariums in Wisconsin. If anyone would like to recommend other aquarium builders, I'd love to check them out. Additionally if anyone has experience with either of the two companies I mentioned, please share. This is obviously going to be a big investment so I want to make the right choices from the get go.

Thanks in advance for your input!
did you find a good seller? i am in the NY area as well and looking for a new tank.

Phantom Clown, Ocellaris Cown, 10 Snails, 4 Hermit Crabs
moneymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2021, 01:00 PM   #9
Itchy Trigger
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymm View Post
did you find a good seller? i am in the NY area as well and looking for a new tank.
I decided to go for an acrylic tank from fishtanksdirect.com. My tank should be ready by October/November. Check back with me then but I have a feeling the quality is very good.

Unread 09/14/2021, 12:21 PM   #10
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Coast to Coast is a great tank, & it shows in their pricing.

Unread 09/20/2021, 04:57 PM   #11
reefinJ
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy Trigger View Post
I decided to go for an acrylic tank from fishtanksdirect.com. My tank should be ready by October/November. Check back with me then but I have a feeling the quality is very good.
Looking forward to seeing your tank. My uncle is looking to get 500g as well and he's considering acrylic. We'll check out that site when I visit him this week for the installation of the bumper and winch from 4Wheelonline onto his truck.

reefinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2021, 07:12 PM   #12
glennf
Registered Member.

ÍTuesday, September 21, 2021 - #panoramareef fixing section2/3 Today my son finally had time to join me in placing the glass panels. Section2/3 with capacity 2200 liters is glued and is still waiting for the placement of the bracing
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210922

Dinsdag, 21 september 2021 - #panoramareef plakken section2/3
Vandaag had mijn zoon eindelijk tijd om met mij de glazen panelen te plaatsen.
Sectie2/3 met inhoud 2200 liter is geplakt en wacht nog op de plaatsing van de stabilisatoren en trekstips.

/833bc26c94dc7c0faea8af54d54f3bd8.jpg[/img]

https://youtube.com/user/glennfhome

glennf is offline   Reply With Quote