Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/17/2021, 11:43 AM   #4026
africangrey
Registered Member

Get a DC controllable pump to fine tune the performance especially the water height. I have a Jebao DCP10000, but you might need a more powerful pump for the 36"

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2021, 05:52 AM   #4027
Molatov
Registered Member

Quick question. Sorry if this has been covered already. If I run ozone with a desiccant air dryer into my lifereef skimmer will it raise ph? If not can co2 media be added? Perhaps a second reactor. Also do I need carbon off the exhaust? Note:simplicity is the goal.

Molatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2021, 06:12 PM   #4028
sergifed91
Registered Member

I have a lifereef sump and refugium. I noticed that after I had a small leak from my tubing cause the clamp needed to be replaced. that how I originally had the return pump I had microbubbles from the emergency drain from the refugium. I repositioned it today so it would fit better in my sump and looks nicer. my problem now i s I have major microbubbles. which bothers me alot. how can I modify the emergency overflow to the refugium so that I get no microbubbles. I though maybe some plastic tubing or modify it with PVC. suggestions please?

sergifed91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/2021, 06:34 PM   #4029
Shelbytwp123
Registered Member

Question ... what are the cons for my Lifereef siting in 10" of water..spa e constraints are the limiting factors for raising the skimmer and sump design wont let me lower the water in that chamber

Shelbytwp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2021, 07:31 PM   #4030
sergifed91
Registered Member

just out of curiosity. has anyone converted their lifereef internal skimmer to be external. would like to see pictures of it if you have.

Unread 09/03/2021, 08:42 AM   #4031
watdachuck
Registered Member

This is from 12 years ago on an old system but I actually ran it this way from the get go. Ive also used the hang on bracket years before that which worked just fine.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 014.jpg (72.5 KB, 54 views)
watdachuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2021, 09:12 PM   #4032
broadwave
Registered Member

Just ordered the 30" dual Mazzei skimmer to replace my Bubble King... I've had Lifereef skimmers in the past and can't wait to put this bad boy on my tank.

http://www.broadwavesreef.com/
broadwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2021, 02:08 PM   #4033
Yogre
Cheesehead Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwave View Post
Just ordered the 30" dual Mazzei skimmer to replace my Bubble King... I've had Lifereef skimmers in the past and can't wait to put this bad boy on my tank.
I put the dual Mazzei Lifereef skimmer into service a while back. It replaced a single Mazzei 30” Lifereef.

I love the dual Mazzei design, it rocks. If it were easier to post pictures on this forum, I would. Suffice to say it produces large quantities of nasty nog.

Current Tank Info: 215 gal TBS Reef
Yogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2021, 09:41 PM   #4034
sergifed91
Registered Member

I moved my lifereef skimmer to a new tank. No longer using the lifereefsump and fuge. Instead I got a advanced acrylic sump. I'm running into microbubbles. I changed the skimmer from the second chamber to the first chamber. No difference at all. So I moved the return water away from the second chamber tried different positions and still no results. I'm thinking trying a different skimmer. And also the lid is like a suction cup a really hard to get open now.

Unread 11/26/2021, 06:34 PM   #4035
sergifed91
Registered Member

Has anyone converted their lifereef skimmer to use a recirculating pump for more control over the air intake?

Unread 11/30/2021, 07:27 PM   #4036
Crowed
Registered Member

If you convert it to recirculating you will probably have much less or none air bubbles going out of skimmer (less of water flow) and better performance but that is harder to notice.
If you decide to go that route try to feed it from tank return.
-acrylic is pretty easy to drill just use new/sharp tool and slow speed

Last edited by Crowed; 12/01/2021 at 09:28 AM.
Crowed is offline   Reply With Quote