Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 08/20/2007, 12:01 PM   #926
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by sslak
Welcome to the BioCube crew NanoGurl!!!

It looks like things are off to a great start!

Do you have any ideas of what you want to stock it with? I was reading earlier how you thought your Mandarin was skinny with the sixline present. My sixline is very happy in the Nano, so if you wanted to separate the two fish that might be one option.

Check out my thread for some interesting mods for the BioCube.
Thanks! I am going to put some sea horses and pipe fish and a clown and some corals in the tank.

Yea, I wanted to keep the six line in my main reef to help with parasites and to help eat my flatworms. he's eating them.. bc he's always fat! He's so fat he floats lol.

Going to check out your thread now =)

Unread 08/21/2007, 01:26 AM   #927
NanoGurl
Moved On

Bought a really pretty black sun coral. Check it out!

Unread 08/21/2007, 01:41 AM   #928
melev
Moved On

I'm about to get a nudibranch that eats suncorals from a club member. The pictures of it are amazing. The trick will be having enough money to keep it fed.

Unread 08/21/2007, 01:57 AM   #929
NanoGurl
Moved On

ack!

Unread 08/21/2007, 04:24 AM   #930
hulley
Registered Member

I've never seen/heard of a black sun coral before! Way cool! I wish my LFS had a better selection of corals, you have some of the the coolest stuff in your tank!

Unread 08/21/2007, 08:12 AM   #931
erics3000
Registered Member

Sweet...I really like your suncorals.

(Red House for my 300 display 600 system)

Current Tank Info: 600 gallon system with 300 display
Unread 08/21/2007, 08:39 AM   #932
sslak
Registered Member

Hahah I'm laughing to myself thinking of a flatworm bloated sixline floating around my tank. Hopefully he finishes off your flatworm problem!

Wow that suncoral is sweet!

One thing that concerns me about the BioCube is that my sixline has already jumped the barrier into the pump chamber once. I need to devise a cool mod to raise that seperator wall between the display and the rear chambers.

I'll let you know what I come up with!

Current Tank Info: 58 Oceanic/20g Sump/250w XM 20k/2x39w T5 True Actinic 03/2010 Reef Octopus NW Cone Skimmer
Unread 08/21/2007, 04:53 PM   #933
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by hulley
I've never seen/heard of a black sun coral before! Way cool! I wish my LFS had a better selection of corals, you have some of the the coolest stuff in your tank!
Thanks! Yea, the black sun corals are neat... exactly like regular ones, just black. They had small frag pieces for $25 and $40... and then a "show piece" at $75 which I bought bc it was opened up nicer when the others were closed.. thought I would get more open ones during the late hours easier. They have been eating great for me.

Unread 08/21/2007, 04:55 PM   #934
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by erics3000
Sweet...I really like your suncorals.
Thanks! =)

Unread 08/21/2007, 04:57 PM   #935
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Hahah I'm laughing to myself thinking of a flatworm bloated sixline floating around my tank. Hopefully he finishes off your flatworm problem!

Wow that suncoral is sweet!

One thing that concerns me about the BioCube is that my sixline has already jumped the barrier into the pump chamber once. I need to devise a cool mod to raise that seperator wall between the display and the rear chambers.

I'll let you know what I come up with!
LoL yea my six line looks like a fat blimp rolling around the tank... he's def eating the FW's bc I don't feed that tank enough to be that full... and he was never that fat in my QT tank.

There is a mod for the BC29 where you can put a piece of plastic back there and it forms a barrier so the fish cannot get into the back compartments. It's on nano-reef.com. If you don't find it let me know I'll find it for you.

Unread 08/22/2007, 10:53 PM   #936
NanoGurl
Moved On

Latest additions =) They went into my nano thought you guys might like to see.

Unread 08/22/2007, 11:07 PM   #937
customcolor
Registered Member

u like your sun coral dont u

Great stuff====$5 a can
24-48 hour cure
Epoxy to cover it====little as $5 for small projects or up to $100+ for larger projects
and another 24-48 hour cure
I hope you covered it well cuz if you didnt it will start to break down in a few months
sand is another added cost to cover up the yellow.

Pond foams====$9-$15 a can
24-48 hour cure
DONE! You can cover it with sand if you want to (YOU DONT HAVE TO) though but thats added cost again

Current Tank Info: 75 gal under way
Unread 08/22/2007, 11:22 PM   #938
NanoGurl
Moved On

yup!

Unread 08/23/2007, 12:06 AM   #939
spleen93
crabby hermit

I'm worried that you don't have enough hitching posts for your seahorses - maybe look at adding some macroalgae or gorgonians?

Spleen

"Put that in your Mag Drive and smoke it." - jnarowe
"Beware of the banter" - mpoletti
"Now I know that some things are just out of our control and we should enjoy the good parts as much as we can." - pookstreet
Unread 08/23/2007, 12:37 AM   #940
NanoGurl
Moved On

Yea, I have some caluerpa to put in there... have to see how it looks. I don't want to get a gorgonian they are way to hard to keep alive. They are pretty though it's a shame.

On my nano thread you can see the LR that I got that has the branches for them... they like that. But I agree, I will/need to find some more options for them.

Unread 08/23/2007, 12:34 PM   #941
sslak
Registered Member

Wow...those seahorses are sweet!

I wish I knew why my sand looks so dirty compared to yours...mine has lots of pink and purple flakes in it, which I can only assume are corraline or shell fragments.

Good start on the nano. I've had excellent luck keeping a wide variety of softies/shrooms and even montipora cap. grows extremely well under the stock lights.

I'm posting new pictures when I get home tonight. The tank is really looking nice since I worked on it all last night but I wanted to give the corals time to stop freaking out.

Current Tank Info: 58 Oceanic/20g Sump/250w XM 20k/2x39w T5 True Actinic 03/2010 Reef Octopus NW Cone Skimmer
Unread 08/23/2007, 01:16 PM   #942
GSMguy
Registered Member

love those seahorses what do they eat

Current Tank Info: 48"x27"x14" Envision Acrylic rimless, 6x39w ATi Sunpower, Custom ATB Deluxe Skimmer, 4x tunze nano stream,ATB flowstar 1500, ACJR, Tunze osmolator.
Unread 08/23/2007, 01:28 PM   #943
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Wow...those seahorses are sweet!

I wish I knew why my sand looks so dirty compared to yours...mine has lots of pink and purple flakes in it, which I can only assume are corraline or shell fragments.

Good start on the nano. I've had excellent luck keeping a wide variety of softies/shrooms and even montipora cap. grows extremely well under the stock lights.

I'm posting new pictures when I get home tonight. The tank is really looking nice since I worked on it all last night but I wanted to give the corals time to stop freaking out.
Thanks! Well that sand is clean bc it's new sand... it probably won't look that way long... i'll check out your thread tonight and congrats!

Unread 08/23/2007, 01:30 PM   #944
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by GSMguy
love those seahorses what do they eat
Thanks! Right now they are getting a mix of brine, mysis and bloodworms.

Unread 08/23/2007, 02:28 PM   #945
Nano Chris
Registered Member

I like what you put in your nano, i seen a seahorse tank at my lfs today, looks awesome, in my lfs's main tank they have a thing of sun corals (which to my surprise was they were all open) i wish i had taken a pic of it too (with my camera phone.)

(Just got back into the hobby)

Current Tank Info: 34 Gallon RedSeaMax!
Unread 08/23/2007, 03:11 PM   #946
glalderman
Registered Member

WOW! Just fininshed reading most of the 78 pages! What a wild ride this thread has been! Would have never known it existed if you hadn't posted over in the Nano Section NanoGurl...Great Tank!

Unread 08/23/2007, 04:08 PM   #947
thekillerclownf
Registered Member

I've used small thin tonga branch when i had my seahorses. They did well with it and will make for some intresting aquascapeing when mixed with what you already have.

Unread 08/23/2007, 05:27 PM   #948
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Criminal#58369
I like what you put in your nano, i seen a seahorse tank at my lfs today, looks awesome, in my lfs's main tank they have a thing of sun corals (which to my surprise was they were all open) i wish i had taken a pic of it too (with my camera phone.)
Thanks. Yea, an open sun coral looks gorgeous in a tank. I really like mine they aren't too bad to feed.

Unread 08/23/2007, 05:28 PM   #949
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by glalderman
WOW! Just fininshed reading most of the 78 pages! What a wild ride this thread has been! Would have never known it existed if you hadn't posted over in the Nano Section NanoGurl...Great Tank!
Thanks! =) That's a lot of pages too read! hehe

Unread 08/23/2007, 05:29 PM   #950
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by thekillerclownf
I've used small thin tonga branch when i had my seahorses. They did well with it and will make for some intresting aquascapeing when mixed with what you already have.
Thanks, I've looked at a few pieces of tonga but I'm not really into most pieces that I've seen. Not really sure how it would look, but I am going to keep looking.

Closed Thread