Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/22/2021, 08:26 AM   #1
JWClark
Registered Member

Eco fleece

Slief,

In the process of planning the sump for my retirement build and was leaning towards at least utilizing the eco fleece roller in the sump. The compact version has a max of 6000 liters per hour I think. My anticipated flow rate through the sump would be 1500 gal/hr, which equates to about 5670 L/hr. Would this be pushing it for this version? The display tank will be about 316 gal and I'm a little worried I'd already be at the max flow for the compact eco fleece so don't have much room if I want to bump it up.

My other thought was to get the full eco fleece version to connect to a custom sump but that adds $1500 to the cost and may be overkill.

Is it possible to purchase a dreambox sump that is just the sump and the eco fleece? I've been buying everything else separately over the last two years and do have one unique requirement--two 1" drain connections in the return section for the overflow from a 125gal refugium that I don't want running through the sump.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.
JWClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2021, 08:43 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

1500 gph is a bit high for the smaller fleece box. You’d likely chew through fleece faster at those rates. I’d normally suggest slower for those smaller fleece rolls as it makes more efficient use of them and most flow in the display should be from supplemental flow like power heads or closed loops. That said, we do offer the complete Dreambox’s without skimmers and pumps though a discount is provided on the pumps and skimmers when the Dreambox is ordered as a system. Also, when supplied with a skimmer, we cut the lids out to fit the skimmer. If you currently have a Bubble King, we can cut the lids on a sump only order.

Adding additional intakes to the return compartment would be as simple as adding a couple bulkheads to the side of the Dreambox and depending on your planned plumbing for the refugium, that is likely something I would do after the fact so you can lay the plumbing out exactly how you’d like when you are plumbing the system. Or we could probably add a couple 1” union fittings to the top edge of the Dreambox depending on the version and whether there is enough meat on the upper edge to accomodate our union fittings.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2021, 01:42 PM   #3
JWClark
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. On the returns from the refugium, I plan to run straight down from a HOB overflow directly above where the return section of the sump will be placed. So 2 one inch unions on the top edge would be perfect.

Really all I have right now is a reef octopus 250 I picked up half price new and the RD3 100w return, plus an extra for a back up. I'd be interested in a sump w/ fleece (on the left). Would love the whole package w/ a bubble king but didn't want to run the sump cost up to the price of the Reef Savvy tank. Was thinking maybe a 4-5ft total length sump so the fleece would be more or less directly under the overflow.

Is it better to move the conversation offline? PM or e-mail? I'd be interested in seeing what price range we'd be at plus shipping to the house in PA.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.

Last edited by JWClark; 06/25/2021 at 06:43 AM.
Unread 06/24/2021, 06:17 PM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWClark View Post
Thanks for the info. On the returns from the refugium, I plan to run straight down from a HOB overflow directly above where the return section of the sump will be placed. So 2 one inch unions on the top edge would be perfect.

Really all I have right now is a reef octopus 250 I picked up half price new and the RD3 100w return, plus an extra for a back up. I'd be interested in a sump w/ fleece (on the left). Would love the whole package w/ a bubble king but didn't want to run the sump cost up to the price of the Reef Savvy tank. Was thinking maybe a 4-5ft total length sump so the fleece would be more or less directly under the overflow.

Is it better to move the conversation offline? PM or e-mail? I'd be interested in seeing what price range we'd be at plus shipping to the house in PA.
I sent you an email with everything I need to get a quote prepared. Now go back and edit your post to remove the email address so you don’t wind up on a spam list. LOL

If you can’t edit it, report your post and note to the moderator to remove the email address.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 06/25/2021, 06:49 AM   #5
JWClark
Registered Member

Appreciate it. Never got the e-mail though so will PM you w/ it again.

That address already gets all kinds of junk from my kids' stuff anyway.

Unread 06/25/2021, 07:42 AM   #6
slief
RC Sponsor

Email Resent.