Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/29/2021, 12:46 AM   #1
docartieg
Registered Member

Tunze DOC Skimmer 9410 DC noise issue

Hi roger, I have a tunze skimmer 9410 dc. The parameters are as follows skimmer is in 5.7inches of water and the control is at the minimum setting. If I pick the air hose hard enough I can reduce the sound. I have opened up the unit and checked the bushes. The bushes are not firm fitting. I have tried to push them in with a dowel however whenever I turn the motor upside down the bushes drop out. Could this be the problem? Thanks Arthur

docartieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2021, 06:50 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Yes, this is the likely culprit, what tends to cause this is the motor seized previously and the bushing was spun, it could be the rubber sleeve is worn, if so if you take the bushing from the front impeller cover, it will usually then fit properly and stay. It can also be the seat was deformed by the friction and heat, in this case we have an oversize repair bushing that can fix this problem.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/30/2021, 01:39 AM   #3
docartieg
Registered Member

Hi roger, moved the bushing from the front impeller to the motor housing and pushed in placed with a dowel and the bushing still dropped out when turned upside down

docartieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/30/2021, 07:19 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Can you email me? Tunze at sbcglobal dot net? Your post count isn't high enough to PM, I need your contact info to get you a repair bushing.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tunze 9410 dc