Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/17/2016, 09:17 AM   #1
Marchillo
Registered Member

Maroon with Puffy Eye

Posted this in the new to hobby forum - I asked for it to be moved so that is the reason for the double post. If a mod reads this feel free to delete the one in new to the hobby.

Here is a copy/paste from yesterday

This morning I noticed my Maroon's right eye with a little white around it. The other eye doesn't have it and the smaller male Maroon doesn't have it. They are in a 40G tank with just them, an RBTA and a very small cuc. They were added about 3.5 months ago. I did not QT them as I was weighing my options of selling the setup for pennies on the dollar I paid after upgrading. I purchased them together and no other fish are going into the tank. Previously the tank was setup for 10 months and fish in that tank were moved to my upgrade tank. Never had a disease that I am aware of. All those fish look normal in my 80G tank. The tank has good params - 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 5 nitrate. SG is at 1.025. I also should mention there is no abnormal behavior. Meaning she is acting like she always does and eating perfectly fine.

Pictures aren't great but I think they are good enough to show the difference between the left eye and the right eye. Maybe its nothing. Its not overwhelming but since I just noticed it, I'm thinking it wasn't there before.

Thanks for any input.

*edit - first 2 photos are of the left normal looking eye and the last 3 are the right eye
*edit2 - any white spots in the photos are from the glass. The fish isn't covered in any white spots at all.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clown1_left.jpg (11.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Clown2_left.jpg (13.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Clown3_right.jpg (11.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Clown4_right.jpg (13.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Clown5_right.jpg (8.9 KB, 5 views)
Unread 01/17/2016, 09:22 AM   #2
Marchillo
Registered Member

OK here is my post from this morning with a new picture from this morning. The picture is tough to tell from but if you compare the pics of the left eye versus the right eye its more obvious. It looked a little worse this morning. I am seeing no abnormal behavior and the other clown doesn't have it. I'm sure its something but my hope is its not a disease and maybe he swam into a rock. I know its a hope and a prayer.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg clown6_right.jpg (6.7 KB, 5 views)